Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Rewards Timeline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marriott Rewards Timeline

@jsucool76 wrote:

The initial free night showed up in my account before i got the card. 

Just watch your chase online account closely. As soon as you see it show up there call up customer service and ask them to send it out overnight. Chase has their mail picked up about 7PM EST but they'll stop taking in mail prior to that. Ideally you'll want to call up no later than 4PM EST to make sure the card gets shipped out that day and is at you by the next day. Be aware, chase ships all expedited cards (other than saturday delivery ) by UPS Overnight Air Saver. This means they're not guaranteed by 10AM like regular overnight UPS is. 

Thanks for that info.  If I could get the free night before I get the card that would be pretty awesome.  Unfortunately I have to work Wednesday so we aren't leaving until after 5, so even if it comes sometime in the afternoon on Wednesday that would work too.

Do they require a signature upon delivery?  I have a myUPS account and I know usually you can have them drop off without a signature if you release it through myUPS.

Message 11 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

The initial free night showed up in my account before i got the card. 

Just watch your chase online account closely. As soon as you see it show up there call up customer service and ask them to send it out overnight. Chase has their mail picked up about 7PM EST but they'll stop taking in mail prior to that. Ideally you'll want to call up no later than 4PM EST to make sure the card gets shipped out that day and is at you by the next day. Be aware, chase ships all expedited cards (other than saturday delivery ) by UPS Overnight Air Saver. This means they're not guaranteed by 10AM like regular overnight UPS is. 

Thanks for that info.  If I could get the free night before I get the card that would be pretty awesome.  Unfortunately I have to work Wednesday so we aren't leaving until after 5, so even if it comes sometime in the afternoon on Wednesday that would work too.

Do they require a signature upon delivery?  I have a myUPS account and I know usually you can have them drop off without a signature if you release it through myUPS.

No signature that I know of. I had two ritz cards show up (for me an an AU) without any notice. Just got a UPS MyChoice notification that they got dropped off and no one was here to sign for em. 

I usually select leave at door just in case though. 

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too had an MR account when I applied...  I don't know if it was because I had to go through fraud verification but when I got my card the MR # engraved on the card was a completely new one.  Thankfully they moved my existing nights and points from my old MR account to the one engraved on the card without hassle.  I think as soon as the account showed up online the certificate was there and I was able to expedite the card then as well...

Oz

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still hasn't shown up on my Chase account.  I guess Nix was right after all.  Don't you hate when that happens....

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also still haven't seen a HP yet and I app'd friday.

Message 15 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

it takes about a week. it's a long time which is probably why they opt for overnight shipping.

when I apped for the Ritz a JPM EO CSR actually tried to call the lending department and have them manually generate a card number for me so I could get my card quicker and it wouldn't happen because of the Marriott rewards program link.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
it takes about a week. it's a long time which is probably why they opt for overnight shipping.

when I apped for the Ritz a JPM EO CSR actually tried to call the lending department and have them manually generate a card number for me so I could get my card quicker and it wouldn't happen because of the Marriott rewards program link.

I talked to the lending department this afternoon who said the same thing, it hadn't generated an account number yet, and once it does I will see it in my online account, and then I can request an expedited shipping.

Also still haven't recieved the free night.  

Oh well!

Message 17 of 20
windyhair
Valued Member

i got my free night 4 days after i app'ed, and one day before i got the "your card is on the way" email.

from oldest to newest (current limits): CapOne Platinum $1.5//CapOne QS $5.3//Merrick $2.9//USAA Rate Advantage $7//Paypal Credit $2.5//Overstock $5.8//CSP $8//Sallie Mae WMC $4//CapOne Venture $15//Discover It $1.5//USAir $2.5//USAA Rewards $7//Chase Marriott $5//Amazon Prime $5//Nordstrom $2.5//Macy's $600//Belk $600
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saw the EX pull this morning and it's been added to my account.  Called for expedited delivery.  I leave a 430 PST tomorrow.  It's coming down to the wire!

Message 19 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Saw the EX pull this morning and it's been added to my account.  Called for expedited delivery.  I leave a 430 PST tomorrow.  It's coming down to the wire!

You should have it in time. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.