Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott, Ritz, UR and Southwest Rewards xfers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marriott, Ritz, UR and Southwest Rewards xfers

Ok, so I am doing a little research as to what hotel cards I should get. I currently have the Southwest Rapid Rewards card, w/ the 50k bonus. I want to get the Companion Pass , which requires 110k points. I've read that the Ritz 140k bonus defers to 50k Southwest points, so that sounds very enticing.

I also read that if I xfer 50k SW points to Marriott Rewards, it equates to 140k.

Is it possible to get the Ritz card, get the 140k bonus, xfer it to SW for 50k value, giving me 100k SW points, and then deferring those 100k to Marriott rewards program for a total of 240k rewards?

The reason being is because I noticed Marriott has 7 day flight plus package deals where for , say 200k marriot points. On top of the package. You get 50k in SW rewards, which also are credited to your Companion Pass bonus. (Plus that 50k is technically worth 140k Marriott rewards so you're really getting the deal for 60k Marriott rewards)

Sounds too good to be true, but is it possible to xfer all those? Or would I need a CSP somewhere in there?

Sorry if it sounds confusing, I'm just stoked to 'think' I found a loophole for a great deal!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Marriott, Ritz, UR and Southwest Rewards xfers

Marriott definitely transfers to southwest, I had never heard that SW transfers to marriott. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 140k Ritz offer is gone.  Some people have had some success getting chase to honor it, but it's not a guarantee.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

Marriott definitely transfers to southwest, I had never heard that SW transfers to marriott. 

Because it doesn't 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.