Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott Silver Elite Benefits

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Marriott Silver Elite Benefits

@jsucool76 wrote:
definitely. if you travel for work a lot, ask for a gold challenge on the 3rd day of a month and you'll have 4 months to get 6 stays. I suggest doing this in January. you'll get gold status for 2 years.

IE

request challenge on 3rd of January and you'll have until the end of an to get 6 stays.

can only be done one level up.

So things have changed since I challenged plat I guess. Do you know the answer to this scenario? I challenged plat two years ago. This year they gave me a soft landing to gold. Can I challenge back up to plat from gold? Since it will expire at the end of this year or soon thereafter (and I doubt I will have the time or inclination to do a challenge) if I lose gold and then subsequently pick up the ritz card can I challenge up to plat from ritz card gold status?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

you may or may not be able to challenge to plat now.

you CAN challenge to Plat from Ritz gold. Plat challenge requires 9 stays. same timing applies.
Message 12 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

you CAN challenge to Plat from Ritz gold. Plat challenge requires 9 stays. same timing applies.

What I would probably do is let it drop back to silver or no status whatsoever. Get the ritz card then challenge right when the gold status is about to expire. That way if I don't keep the ritz card I will have status going forward for awhile and if I do keep it I can avoid having to make the 10k annual spend. 

;
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

What I would probably do is let it drop back to silver or no status whatsoever. Get the ritz card then challenge right when the gold status is about to expire. That way if I don't keep the ritz card I will have status going forward for awhile and if I do keep it I can avoid having to make the 10k annual spend. 

Is there any difference in challenges if you are a true Marriott member or Ritz member? Meaning any stay, any hotel? 

Message 14 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Is there any difference in challenges if you are a true Marriott member or Ritz member? Meaning any stay, any hotel? 

I dont believe there is a difference. Definitely something to ask the rep when you request, and worst case scenario, you just switch over right there on the phone. 

Message 15 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Should be in the terms of the challenge. I stayed at a wide array of marriott properties when I did it, but no ritz. I stayed at cosmopolitan and that counted though so I fail to see why ritz wouldnt. 

;
Message 16 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

Should be in the terms of the challenge. I stayed at a wide array of marriott properties when I did it, but no ritz. I stayed at cosmopolitan and that counted though so I fail to see why ritz wouldnt. 

A ritz will count for any marriott challenge, I think the question is, whether a marriott would count for a ritz challenge, but I think it should be fine. 

Message 17 of 18
elim
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I've gotten upgrades as a silver before, it's just really unlikely unless you're in a BFE hotel that doesn't get a lot of elites.

i've gotten upgrades at Autographs in 2 different countries with silver.     :]

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.