cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott rewards. Happy happy luv you long time.

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Marriott rewards. Happy happy luv you long time.

@Anonymous wrote:
Taxis in Hong Kong are cash only. Majority of day to day transactions are done via contactless octopus card which is reloaded via cash only (transit, fast food, convenience store, parking meters). Similar to Japan's suica and London's oyster

Cashless society, except credit cards are only used for larger purchases and higher end restaurants because transit and smaller vendors don't accept it.

I did see garage with sign. MasterCard and visa only. Not sure of stores yet. I actually shocked seeing how 1st world Hong Kong is. But old school mentality wanting cash. Also no stamp in my passport. They gave me a paper slip to keep with it? Don't know why. 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you leave Hong Kong exit immigration will take the receipt.
Message 12 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
When you leave Hong Kong exit immigration will take the receipt.

I guess it's a way to make sure you leave on time. Although us citizens get 90 days.  

Message 13 of 15
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

Are they driving on the wrong side of the road?

Haha Smiley Happy

Very nice post !!!

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 14 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Right, very interesting post.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.