Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marriott

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Marriott

Marriott issues a full refund on a stay that happened just short of a month ago.  WHAT????? 

03/10/2016 Pending MARRIOTT HOUSTON AIRPT -$492.26   

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Marriott

Huh how'd that happen 

Do tellSmiley Surprised

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Huh how'd that happen 

Do tellSmiley Surprised

When I logged in and check my account that's when I noticed.    I have no earthly idea how it happened.  Weird????  

Message 3 of 8
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

image.png

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had that happen to me (more than once) before. It never "unpended". Just disappeared as quick as it appeared. Although when it happened it was about a week later, never a month. Im thinking it goes away in a few days.
Message 5 of 8
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had that happen to me (more than once) before. It never "unpended". Just disappeared as quick as it appeared. Although when it happened it was about a week later, never a month. Im thinking it goes away in a few days.

Okay.  Always have them do an authorization hold the day I check you in but never issue a credit a month later.  I'm thinking it will go away if you days too. 

Message 6 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Hotels are really weird with this kind of stuff.

I've had hotel stays take a month or longer to post. Don't think I wasn't excited the whole time. At the end of the day, they'll always find a way to get their money though.
Message 7 of 8
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Hotels are really weird with this kind of stuff.

I've had hotel stays take a month or longer to post. Don't think I wasn't excited the whole time. At the end of the day, they'll always find a way to get their money though.

There really weird with this in the last three or four hotel stays since the beginning of the year I have been charged a deposit of $50 on up.  So I don't know what's going on with that Marriott and the Ritz Carlton have started implementing a new policy or something or I haven't noticed  but I will start paying attention from now on. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.