Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Card "under review" again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel Card "under review" again

So after submitting my blue envelope in December and they still closing all my accounts with no reason. I stupidly apped for the Marvel card just really like the design. Got approved used it payed in full this first statement and what happens lol I get a call that my account is under review and will get an envelope on the mail. Should have learned my lesson, but at least I earned the $25 for making first purchase. I got better cards Amex, Chase, Discover, USAA, BOA...... So I'm not gonna bother with synchrony bank ever. No biggie they lost a millennial with a good source of income and lots of spending that's usually payed in full.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Marvel Card "under review" again

So now Lexus Nexus has all your info, they still closed your accounts, you apped again and came away with only $25? Sync can be good to many of us ,rebuildrrs and all, but no where near good enough to fill out a 4506 IMHO. Enjoy your other cards and hopefully some can pull lessons from tour experience. Just because someone complies with their request, doesnt mean theyll let you keep your accountsSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your experience with Synch's infamous Blue Envelope of Death OP. If you don't mind me asking, what was your CL/ exposure with Synch? I ask because I have a Marvel and Walmart CC with 6K a piece and I'm planning to poke the Synch bear a bit in the coming weeks.
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually requested my consumer report from nexis lexis and while they have alot of information pertaining to auto insurance claims and experian credit report there was nothing else on my report. But they for sure know more than I thought they would after seeing it. However I dont see it as anything damaging to me.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only had the Marvel card this time around and it had a small $2500 limit

@JR_TX wrote:
Sorry to hear about your experience with Synch's infamous Blue Envelope of Death OP. If you don't mind me asking, what was your CL/ exposure with Synch? I ask because I have a Marvel and Walmart CC with 6K a piece and I'm planning to poke the Synch bear a bit in the coming weeks.

Message 5 of 10
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Wow! Only 2.5K and still asked for 4506T?! Wth? If they ever send me that Blue envelope I'd go bye bye on them in a heartbeat! Not gonna give Lexis Nexis anything! Just read an article about LN selling companies consumer infos! Nah not me! Not even if my life depends on it!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:
Wow! Only 2.5K and still asked for 4506T?! Wth? If they ever send me that Blue envelope I'd go bye bye on them in a heartbeat! Not gonna give Lexis Nexis anything! Just read an article about LN selling companies consumer infos! Nah not me! Not even if my life depends on it!

They sell your shopping information to marketers, and that information was sold/shared to them by places you sign up for rewards from. They cannot sell your personal identifying information, it's against the law.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So after submitting my blue envelope in December and they still closing all my accounts with no reason. I stupidly apped for the Marvel card just really like the design. Got approved used it payed in full this first statement and what happens lol I get a call that my account is under review and will get an envelope on the mail. Should have learned my lesson, but at least I earned the $25 for making first purchase. I got better cards Amex, Chase, Discover, USAA, BOA...... So I'm not gonna bother with synchrony bank ever. No biggie they lost a millennial with a good source of income and lots of spending that's usually payed in full.

Did they send you a letter stating why they closed your accounts even after submitting the documentation? 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they didn't have an answer to give other than the accounts were closed and I could reapply at a later time.
Message 9 of 10
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Considering all that they've put you through so far, I think the bold part of what you listed above is a good idea. I have the Marvel Spider-Man card and the card design is very nice, but I think their online interface leaves a bit to be desired.  This will likely be my one and only Synch account.  At least you got the $25 credit before they shut you down again.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.