cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Credit Card Question, Interest charged from purchase date!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel Credit Card Question, Interest charged from purchase date!?

Okay everyone, I recieved my card today, and started reading the credit card agreement terms (like the dork I am because no one reads those)

Anyway in the agreement it notes that they begin charging interest from the date you make the purchase!!

However they have 2 ways to avoid this,

1. You avoid it if you had no balance at the start of the billing cycle or,

2. You had a balance at the start of the billing cycle and you paid that balance in full by the due date in that billing cycle.

So it looks like if you carry a balance from 1 month to another, and dont pay if off, you will pay interest on all new purchases from the purchase date! Smiley Frustrated Smiley Surprised

Note I could be understand this wrong, but I have not ever read a credit card agreement, that explains interest like this; maybe Ive never read one currectly.

Please someone explain this to me.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Marvel Credit Card Question, Interest charged from purchase date!?

That is pretty typical for credit card companies to do when you don't PIF and have lost your grace period. As long as you pay the amount on your statement you will not be charged interest
Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@dragontears wrote:
That is pretty typical for credit card companies to do when you don't PIF and have lost your grace period. As long as you pay the amount on your statement you will not be charged interest

Right.   In almost all cases, the agreements state that interest is accrued from time of posting (average daily balance) , but it can get waived (by PIF by due date).   And when it is not waived , you get all the trailing interest confusion etc

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys I always PIF so I had not ever been confronted by that, or had it stated in an agreement like that.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.