Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel Dining?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel Dining?

Just received my super-cool Marvel card in the mail. I see they went in depth with the information in regard to entertainment, but my mailer didn't have anything about dining. What are we referring to when we talk about dining? Is it sit down restaurants, fast food also? Mom and Pop Teriyaki joint? Any ideas what we're looking at? I have never had a dining card, I'm really excited!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marvel Dining?

@Anonymous wrote:
Just received my super-cool Marvel card in the mail. I see they went in depth with the information in regard to entertainment, but my mailer didn't have anything about dining. What are we referring to when we talk about dining? Is it sit down restaurants, fast food also? Mom and Pop Teriyaki joint? Any ideas what we're looking at? I have never had a dining card, I'm really excited!

Yes. Basically any place that is primarily there to serve prepared food to you is dining. 

When I was still using my Citi TYp card (also a Mastercard so the categories are the same as the Marvel card), it even coded bar & grill places as restaurants for the bonus points. "Category: RestaurantsEATING PLACE,RESTAURANT"

Message 2 of 6
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

95% of bars I goto are categorized as dining as well.  Hence use CSP or Ritz.  Assume Marvel card would act same.. Anywhere MCC is coded as dining/food would work.

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Loki stew must be on the menu thoSmiley Very Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

As a data point, I have the Sam's Club MasterCard which is also Synchrony, also 3% back on dining, and of course also MasterCard.

So far - without exception - all food places that I would expect to code as 'Dining' have done so. 

FWIW, I tend to lean more towards fast-food than 'fine' dining.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Exciting. I was expecting more sit down restaurants. Awesome!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.