Did you mean: 

Marvel MC - Can't access my account online

tag
_NERD
Established Contributor

Marvel MC - Can't access my account online

When I log into my Marvel account online, I get the following msg

Account Not Accessible Online
This account is not eligible for on-line access. Please call Customer Service at 866-243-0226.

Has this happened to anyone else? I was able to log into my Marvel account last weekend just fine.

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 11.53.49 PM.png

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Marvel MC - Can't access my account online

@_NERD wrote:

When I log into my Marvel account online, I get the following msg

Account Not Accessible Online
This account is not eligible for on-line access. Please call Customer Service at 866-243-0226.

Has this happened to anyone else? I was able to log into my Marvel account last weekend just fine.

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 11.53.49 PM.png

It could be temporary, because of a change in spending pattern, maybe they require further identity verification, maybe you logged in at different locations and that triggered it, etc.

Either way, it does say to call that number to see what is going on, which should be able to answer your concerns.

Message 2 of 8
_NERD
Established Contributor

I will call shortly. I did buy a bunch of stuff. I found out about this when I went to PIF this acct. The card was also declined at a drive thru fast food joint an hour ago.

Thank you, Chess.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD wrote:
I will call shortly. I did buy a bunch of stuff. I found out about this when I went to PIF this acct. The card was also declined at a drive thru fast food joint an hour ago.

Thank you, Chess.

sigh. let us know the problem Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

it is a FRAUD HOLD.  It happened with my WALMART VISA months ago after buying an APPLE iMac !  Call in, takes 4 minutes and they will lift the hold after you verify -- immediately after you can sign back in.  

Anytime you see this message, it means Fraud has placed a hold to verify purchases

Message 5 of 8
_NERD
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

it is a FRAUD HOLD.  It happened with my WALMART VISA months ago after buying an APPLE iMac !  Call in, takes 4 minutes and they will lift the hold after you verify -- immediately after you can sign back in.  

Anytime you see this message, it means Fraud has placed a hold to verify purchases

You nailed it. I did get the hold lifted within minutes.  I bought 7 pairs of Beats headphones during yesterdays 1-day-only sale (to resell for a profit), as well as purchase the 1-day-only laptop deal on Saturday. That triggered the hold. The transactions went through, so the $5 decline at the fast food joint this morning was the only decline.  A text verification code lifted the hold. 

Synchrony isn't on the level Capital One, BofA, Amex and other card issuers are on. I get e-Mails, texts, and app push notifications on my other cards if there's a hold due to my spend pattern. I can remove the hold with the tap of a button (or texting YES back to BofA).  The Synchrony fraud dept rep told me there was a letter coming in the mail telling me to call them to release the hold in about 7-10 business days, and to disregard that letter.

Seriously?  A lesser informed SyncB cardholder would potentially wait 7-10 days.  Sheesh. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-24 at 7.25.02 AM.png

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad you got it resolved. Nice watch btw Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad everything was resolved.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.