cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marvel MC - how long should I wait to ask for a cli?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marvel MC - how long should I wait to ask for a cli?

I've had the card about 4 months now. I originally was approved for 1500 and recon'd to 5k. I put a fair amount of on it (being single I eat/go out a lot lol). I'm aware of the whole weird income thing but I feel pretty safe as I've been honest about my income and I'm not on the hook with them for much (under 10k). Should I try calling or wait a couple more months? I'd like to get it to 7k as I'm about to buy a bunch of furniture and while I know there are better cards to do that, I don't want to open a new one and this one has my largest cl already.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Marvel MC - how long should I wait to ask for a cli?

Good question. Most of us who got this card called right away and got it to the levels we have now so i dont really see too much new data on this one. Probably the best way to find out is to call credit solutions though i think i remember Marvel may be a different number.. Could be dependant on your TU score, usage, profile or other factors. Let us know how it goes. Will be interesting to know. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

call credit solutions and ask for an increase. your TU is in the 720's which is a good score for credit solutions. just call and ask if they can submit a credit limit increase for a total credit line of $15,000.00. They will counter you with an offer if they cant go that high yet but I think you might get it. 

Message 3 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Agree, sorry i cant see someones scores, im on mobile but 720 sounds like it can open alot odf doors with Sync! GOOD luckSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure I'd even want that much lol. Thanks all for the input. My TU is actually 736 now. We'll see what happens!
Message 5 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

request whatever you are comfortable with. takes abou 3 minutes and you have your anwser. 

Message 6 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Personally I wouldn't let the Syncrony thing that happened recently scare you your exposure is so low and good scores, etc..  As Ddemari stated ask with what you feel comfortable with whether it is 15k or 10k or whatever you should get it with your TU score.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone was right. Called, asked for 10k and got it! My first in the double digits. Definitely going to show them my appreciation for the next few months and put all my spend on it. Probably also buy my furniture in several transactions over a little bit of time so I don't spook them.
Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well done!!, even though you probably left money on the table as they say, Smiley Happy, you got what you wanted and thats the most importantSmiley Happy. Very refreshing to see someone take only what is needed, enjoy your new limit and thanks for sharingSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Everyone was right. Called, asked for 10k and got it! My first in the double digits. Definitely going to show them my appreciation for the next few months and put all my spend on it. Probably also buy my furniture in several transactions over a little bit of time so I don't spook them.

Congrats!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.