Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive CL Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Massive CL Question

Hey all,

How do people get CL's in the 100k range??? Is it just patience and gardening?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Massive CL Question

From what I have read here on the forums that is the key, patience and gardening.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 22
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Income plays a huge part in obtaining larger limits. My partner's parents are fairly well off, and they have several cards with $50k limits. 

Message 3 of 22
Berk
Established Contributor

Income, low debt to income ratio, and time with, as a general rule, income playing the biggest part. Unless of course, you want to have 50 trade lines that average $2500.00 CLs. Yes, as absurd as that sounds, people do that to reach that mystical 100K limit. 

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income, patience and strategy gets you there.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Absolutely!

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed!

Message 7 of 22
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As with qualifying for any other CL it's a matter of having the credit and income to support it.  Gardening isn't really necessary.  Those with such credit can certianly add new accounts.  Gardening is a popular topic here because many people on this site are just starting out or rebuilding and their credit profiles do not readily support the addition of new accounts so there is a significant impact when new accounts are added and the action of adding new accounts can be seen as risky activity to creditors.

Once you have a strong and established credit profile hard pulls have a very small impact and your AAoA should be strong enough to deal with the impact of new accounts.  Getting there certainly takes time and responsible usage.

Message 8 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Its not just about time and patience. If your income doesnt support it you may never reach 100k. Limits aren't just given out because time has passed. You need to be patient when building a profile absolutely but 100k is never going to be a guarantee without the income to support it among other factors.

Instead of chasing an arbitrary number just shoot for the cards you want with limits that are enough for your spend.
Message 9 of 22
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all,

$100k on a single card? Nearly impossible. Not quite, but just shy of absolutely impossible.

or $100k as a total of all cards credit limits? Time. And spending HP on new cards.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.