cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive CLI from Macy's AND (drum roll please....)

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Massive CLI from Macy's AND (drum roll please....)

score_building wrote:
a month or two ago i was shocked that they took me from 800 to 1800 upon my request for a 200 cli.  meanwhile amex is clr'ing me at every turn and wamu just snagged me w/ a ratejack.  love me macy's, love me true for i'll pay you back!  WOWZA Congrats on your v. impressive cli's unknown and whirled, shake your stuff & show them what your working with Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by score_building on 07-30-2008 09:59 PM

LOL -- I'm shakin' it, have no fear!  I could easily end up spending 3-4k there, it just depends on what's in it for me.  Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 31 of 59
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Still no inquiry from Macy's ...Smiley Sad
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 32 of 59
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

unknown_entity wrote:
Still no inquiry from Macy's ...Smiley Sad

Nothing here either.  I just logged into my Macy's account and they still show just the store plat, not the Visa.  Hmm.  Seven to ten days, Peas...  be patient young green one.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 33 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

unknown_entity wrote:
     I just called Macy's and asked for a CLI, the CSR that answered the call asked how much I was looking for and I told her $100-$200, (I was at $400, I got the card in Dec. 2007, it started at $100).  She said that she had to transfer me to the credit department, so I waited on hold for about 5 minutes listening to "Every Breath You Take"...lol.  Then another lady came on the phone and said hello Mr. U_E, congratulations, we were able to approve you for a "guideline increase" to $2000.  Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised I was stunned!!!  I think I even yelped...lol.  She then explained that the reason I got a low limit to start with was because they wanted to see how I handled the account for 6 months.  (I usually buy $60-$80 every couple months and PIF before the statement cuts).  She then said was there anything else I can help you with?  A loud bell went off in my head just about that time and I said, "Yes, would it be possible to see if I qualify for the Macy's Visa?  Or would I have to apply for it?"  She said, "Let me check on that for you" and put me on hold for another few minutes and came back and said that she talked to her supervisor and that I would be approved for the Visa but since it's a different department, she said it would take up to 2 billing cycles for it to go through and to receive the card.Smiley SurprisedSmiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised   WOW!!!  Talk about a "Jaw Dropper"  I was fully expecting the "nothing available" response from the CSR...lol.  Thanks for all the Macy's threads!! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

CONGRATS - I'm happy for you but, IMHO, Macy's sucks!  The only reason I don't cancel their butts is beacuse I've had them for so long.  Other than that, their card would be "sleeping with the fishes". Smiley Tongue
Message 34 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
That is great! I called and spoke to a csr regarding a credit increase.  She asked how much of an increase would I like, told her more than the 200.00 limit I presently have now.  Told me to hold on and said I was approved for a 500.00 increase which puts my limit at $700.00 now.  I thought she would come back on and say that I was approved for $2,000 or similar. 
Message 35 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, congrats to everyone! 

When you call the 800 number on the back, do you have to ask for a specific department in order to get a decent GLI?  Do I ask to speak to a supervisor?  And I have to ask for a GLI and not a CLI correct?  My 3 months are up on the 20th and I'm really hoping for more than $100.
Message 36 of 59
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

kawgirl23 wrote:
First, congrats to everyone! 

When you call the 800 number on the back, do you have to ask for a specific department in order to get a decent GLI?  Do I ask to speak to a supervisor?  And I have to ask for a GLI and not a CLI correct?  My 3 months are up on the 20th and I'm really hoping for more than $100.

For my CLIs, I called the number on the back and was transferred at least once. The first time I asked for a CLI and the CSR corrected me and said GLI. I have been using that term with them ever since. Though if you said CLI, they would know what you are talking about. I never asked for a supervisor and the frontline CSR was always friendly and helpful. Good luck.
Message 37 of 59
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

It's been 7 days and no pull on my EX report from Macy's...no hard nor soft ...Smiley Indifferent 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 38 of 59
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Same here.  I called today and they told me it could take up to 30 days to get the Visa.  I'll have a different address in 30 days!!!  Silly people!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 39 of 59
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Still nothing on my EX report from Macy's Smiley Sad.....
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 40 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.