Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterCard Black Card Luxury Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MasterCard Black Card Luxury Card

Is It True If I Apply And Get Approved, I can Spend a certian amount and get the fee waved?

I spend alot on my AMEX but i cant use the card to pay it off unless i do a cash advanced? Is that possible?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MasterCard Black Card Luxury Card

No that's not true. Fee waved for spending a certain amount is nowhere in their terms of use.

That doesn't mean you can't ask them to wave their fee... 

As far as paying off a balance by withdrawing additional money via cash advance... that's a very poor idea. However, once you withdraw cash you can do whatever you want with it.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know its a bad idea, I Spend over 100k On AMEX every month, I though if i needed to use the card to get the wave fee i can pay 30k in a month on it and call them up and say i dont like the card unless fee was waved.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're putting that kind of spend on your card every month you'll end up with more than enough points/cash back to pay for the annual fee in about a week...

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean all that spend is on my AMEX Gold Biz Card.. Not on my personals

Message 5 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Oh okay, I was about to say...If that was on your personal that would have been nice for that card.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 11
creditguy
Valued Contributor

If your spending $100k a month on Amex, why don't you have a centurion? Gotta say, this is the second new visitor posting about the luxury card recently, is Barclays creating accounts to post about this card to create interest? Smells fishy.

Message 7 of 11
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
If your spending $100k a month on Amex, why don't you have a centurion? Gotta say, this is the second new visitor posting about the luxury card recently, is Barclays creating accounts to post about this card to create intrest? Smells fishy.

+10

Exactly what I was thinking (well without the Blarclay's theory) third one I've seen in the last week - all claim high spending too. With no disrespect meant toward the posters, IMO the "Luxury card is all hype no bite - image over substance" so if you want to waste your money on an AF to boost your ego - go for it, otherwise there are much better choices out there, many at no AF. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

If your spending $100k a month on Amex, why don't you have a centurion? Gotta say, this is the second new visitor posting about the luxury card recently, is Barclays creating accounts to post about this card to create interest? Smells fishy.

THIS THIS THIS THIS ^^^  ......the trolling has gotten so weak here....

Come on people.....or as Cris Carter would say.......C'mon man!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex has not cent me any invite to join the centrioun. I did call up and no one has any information on when and how to get the invite. So in the mean time i figured i would get the black card.

But it was just a simple question. No biggie lol.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.