Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterCard Direct Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MasterCard Direct Credit Cards

Hey guys,

Does anyone actually own a  credit card directly from MasterCard? Such as titanium, gold, or black cards?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone with one in their wallet, nor have I seen anyone mention one on here.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: MasterCard Direct Credit Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

Does anyone actually own a  credit card directly from MasterCard? Such as titanium, gold, or black cards?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone with one in their wallet, nor have I seen anyone mention one on here.

That's because they have outrageous AFs with little benefits. The card is not really issued directly by MasterCard, Barclays issues them. A couple members in here have them.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good question. I've never seen them either. If they have outrageous AF's with no benefits, why do people carry them?
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Good question. I've never seen them either. If they have outrageous AF's with no benefits, why do people carry them?

Because they look cool, or they like the "perceived prestige". 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The titanium offers 2x points per dollar on all of your purchases when you redeem them for airfare with a benefit of trip cancellation insurance, global luggage delivery, roaming fee waivers, some free magazine subscription, and car rental upgrades for $195 a year, plus the card is stainless steel . I can understand why someone wouldn't want the other cards though.

Message 5 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@jace8602 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

That's because they have outrageous AFs with little benefits. The card is not really issued directly by MasterCard, Barclays issues them. A couple members in here have them.

+1

MasterCard and Visa don't issue cards directly.

This article provides some good information for those who are interested:  https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-card-benefits/visa-credit-cards-mastercard-difference/

The Wikipedia articles on the various networks are an interesting read as well. 

Message 6 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The high-AF cards issued by Barclay's are popular with many military people since they can get the AF waived and still get the benefits and 'perks'.  Smiley Wink

Most other people find them to be a bit on the 'expensive' side. 

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The high-AF cards issued by Barclay's are popular with many military people since they can get the AF waived and still get the benefits and 'perks'.  Smiley Wink

Most other people find them to be a bit on the 'expensive' side. 

Did not know about the military benefit.

WIthout it, I still think its ridiculously expensive. But this is coming from a person who's reluctant to have one AF card lol.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the titanium card, and my aunt has the black card. They are useful for somethings, but the points don't really justify the price. That being said, the customer service on the cards is excellent. They have always bent over backwards for me, and I have never had an issue with dealing with them. The magazine is nice, but not that big of a deal. I do wish they offered extra point earning categories like the Citi Prestige does. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the titanium card, and my aunt has the black card. They are useful for somethings, but the points don't really justify the price. That being said, the customer service on the cards is excellent. They have always bent over backwards for me, and I have never had an issue with dealing with them. The magazine is nice, but not that big of a deal. I do wish they offered extra point earning categories like the Citi Prestige does. 

I always love to hear stories of card issuers, banks, etc., bending over backwards for their customers. Do you have any stories?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.