cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterCard/Visa - noticing a pattern.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MasterCard/Visa - noticing a pattern.

All my cards are Visa and I don't recall ever getting an offer for a MC.  Could the area of the country one lives in play a role (maybe MC and Visa target different markets?)

Message 21 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

natezero:  If you're looking for a Visa, there is a Visa featuring the Dallas Cowboys.  Smiley Wink

j/k

Message 22 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see the JCB logo more and more at different stores. Gamestop for example accepts them.

Message 23 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha I'll keep it in mind gangof4
Message 24 of 52
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

I've noticed the same thing

All of my cards are either AmEx or MC. I'd like to add a Visa just to round out the wallet but all the cards I want seem to be issued only on MC or AmEx.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 52
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

@ReVeLaTeD wrote:

Figured I would ask about it to see if others are experiencing the same.

I just realized a few weeks ago that I have not held a Visa card in nearly 3 years.  Not for lack of trying - I've gotten a lot of cards since then, but they are all MasterCard.

I know some of the larger banks - Chase, Citibank, Bank of America - are still offering Visa cards.  Question is, why isn't anyone else?  Does it seem to anyone else that Visa cards are starting to become a rare breed?

All of my cards are Visa cards. I've had one card that was MC and it's since been closed. I can't say that I've noticed that. Why not go straight to the Visa website and check out their mix of cards. This is usually what I do when I'm thinking about applying for a card.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 26 of 52
JonStur
Established Contributor

Two Mastercards, three Visas, Discover, an Amex...got a pretty good mix I guess..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 27 of 52
carlosg
Valued Member

I manage a small chain of restaurants at the airport and 50% of all charges are visa 30% mastercard 19% amex and 0 to 1% discover. Before  most corporate cards came from amex that is changing now you see a lot of corporate cards to be visa or mc. A lot more than before.

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Message 28 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 debit Visas (1 joint account and 1 individual account with my credit union, and 1 individual checking out from M & T)

3 Visa credit cards (CU, Chase, BofA)

2 Mastercards (both Cap One)

1 Discover

Visa dominates my wallet but I have to say that my Discover card gets the most exercise.   

Message 29 of 52
carlosg
Valued Member

@scottwagnon wrote:

i have held this belief that everyone should have a credit card of each of the 4 major netorworks.

thats  [visa]   [mastercard]  [amex]   [discover/diners/jcb/unionpay]

YOU are the 5th network. Man Happy

there is only 3 mayor networks. mc and visa share the same network.

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.