Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastercard to World Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mastercard to World Mastercard

I have the Citi dividend platinum select mastercard, and I was wondering if anyone has had this card upgraded before. My limit on the card is currently $5,500. Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mastercard to World Mastercard

Mine was upgraded to world elite by the citi twitter team back in October. They soft pulled both EQ and EX doing it, but only a soft.
Message 2 of 15
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

"citi twitter team"?

Not applicable

@askciti I think. The best customer service you can get from Citi is through twitter lol. Well actually the best is to call the world elite concierge, but you need someone at the bank for this. $5500 should qualify for the world version I believe. You could try asking for the world elite even which has more benefits (priority pass and better purchase protection being the best ones) but you may need to request a cli first. It also might depend on how long you've had the card. I honestly don't know. The system decides, my credit was definitely pulled but there was no hard hit.
Message 4 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, that's fascinating! How does this work on Twitter? It's not like you're going to post your account number or something for all to read. How do you do this?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

My Citi Dividend World MC was upgraded thru invitation three years ago.

Ron.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They ask for your name and zipcode, when they find your account (either easily or over PM) they can call you at a number they already have on file. No unsecure information gets sent. They verify the account when they call you.
Message 7 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
They ask for your name and zipcode, when they find your account (either easily or over PM) they can call you at a number they already have on file. No unsecure information gets sent. They verify the account when they call you.

Huh, go figure. I guess people do often use their real names on Twitter, but I'm not sure that I'd want to post both the name and zip... But I forget, Twitter is all about publicizing yourself! Smiley Very Happy

Anyway, that's interesting in that it's a new way to get someone to contact you.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup for me I did it entirely over PM. I only use my first name on twitter. For many people publically airing greviances is the most effective way to get results. Not applicable to this, but, in general.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Mine was upgraded to world elite by the citi twitter team back in October. They soft pulled both EQ and EX doing it, but only a soft.

Awesome thanks for the feedback. I just tweeted them. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.