Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mastercard

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Mastercard

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

I was told earlier today when I did the exact switch that all of the benefits related to Freedom stay the same.

edited for spelling

Did you call regular customer service or a back door number?  If everything else stays the same, I will convert my Freedom Visa to a Freedom Mastercard. 

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 11 of 15
LesWH
Established Contributor

Just got off the phone with Chase.  I should have my new Freedom Mastercard in about 10-14 days.  That was really simple.  Everything about the account will remain the same except the account number, of course.  I will be able to still have my old Ultimate Rewards 10 & 10 program with my Chase Checking account.  See , this is why I love this forum!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 12 of 15
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

Just got off the phone with Chase.  I should have my new Freedom Mastercard in about 10-14 days.  That was really simple.  Everything about the account will remain the same except the account number, of course.  I will be able to still have my old Ultimate Rewards 10 & 10 program with my Chase Checking account.  See , this is why I love this forum!

Were you told it would not be a new tradeline, no new acct on CRA's? I was looking for confirmation of that on my thread, but no one has replied. 

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 13 of 15
LesWH
Established Contributor

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

Were you told it would not be a new tradeline, no new acct on CRA's? I was looking for confirmation of that on my thread, but no one has replied. 

I specifically asked about that and was told that it would be the same open date, but a new account number because Mastercard begins with different numbers.

Message 14 of 15
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Glad it was that easy!   I think for some banks and cards it might be harder if they only have one version of that card.

Generally, the network doesn't seem to make a difference except in a few cases. Examples I am aware of:

• A previous poster mentioned Sams Club.
  • There was an Exxon-Mobile Speedpass promotion this summer, where linking a M/C card gave you an additional 15c off per gallon
  • Some bill pay processors (who allow you to pay them with credit cards and then pay vendors who don't take credit cards) sometimes have different rules for MC and Visa.

But generally they are the really the same.

(A long time, at least in the UK, it was very different.  Visa was available only from Barclays, Access (equivalent of MC) from all other banks.  Since most people used only one bank, you would only have one type of card.  When I came to the US, I was amazed to see banks offering both!  Travel broadens the mind or something...)

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.