cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix CC

tag
himynameis

Matrix CC

I filed Ch 7 BK joint with DH 9/12 and it was discharged 12/12. We're both trying to re-establish our credit and I'm trying to find the best ways. People have told me to get auto loans and secured cc's. I was approved for an auto loan in Nov before the discharge through a CU. Then DH applied for an auto loan but I had to co-sign even though my score was lower than his (all three).We financed that auto loan through JP Morgan/Chase. I opened a secured CC (CL $200) the end of March and it was through the same CU as my auto loan. DH is going to apply for a secured CC through our bank, US Bank.

I applied today for a Matrix CC and was approved for $300 with a deposit of $150. Now, I have been researching CC's through the myfico forum and reviews and I thought I saw good reviews on the Matrix card. Well after filing all the information out I couldn't find how to make the deposit. The top of the page instructed me to "click" mail in deposit but there was no link to do so. After trying to figure it out I came across some really bad reviews on this card. Now I'm worried. I don't know if I should still send in the deposit or should I just chalk it up to a mistake..? Any advice?

Starting Score: TU488 EQ470 EXFAKO585
Current Score: TU552 EQ515 EXFAKO598 EX648CUpull
Goal Score: TU620 EQ620 EX675

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: Matrix CC

I think nearly all reviews are bad.  Even the ad at the top of this forum gives it an Editor's rating of 1 star out of 5, the lowest possible.

Message 2 of 3
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

Re: Matrix CC

Try to get a secured card from capital one, or first progress, or harleydavidson visa secured.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.