Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix Discover

tag
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Matrix Discover

All,

I am in the credit rebuilding stage. Does any have any information on Matrix Discover? What are their general limits? I have a dismissed Ch. 13 BK.

Thanks,

Phumanr

Scores are: 661 (Exp.), 643 (TU), and 619 (Equifax).

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Matrix Discover

Avoid them! They are horrible!
Your scores look high enough to get a GECRB store card.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 11
hawesda1
Established Member

+1
Message 3 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@phumanr wrote:

All,

I am in the credit rebuilding stage. Does any have any information on Matrix Discover? What are their general limits? I have a dismissed Ch. 13 BK.

Thanks,

Phumanr

Scores are: 661 (Exp.), 643 (TU), and 619 (Equifax).

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

If the credit world was the star trek world, the matrix discover would be khan.

It looks nice at a glance (its a discover card, cool design) but then when you get to know it (read the T&Cs) you realize it is evil and that botany bay was the name of a penal colony on the continent of Australia in 1996....

#nerdgasm.... Combining my favorite things,
Message 5 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
If the credit world was the star trek world, the matrix discover would be khan.

It looks nice at a glance (its a discover card, cool design) but then when you get to know it (read the T&Cs) you realize it is evil and that botany bay was the name of a penal colony on the continent of Australia in 1996....

#nerdgasm.... Combining my favorite things,

rock1.jpg

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Smiley Tongue

Just a quick PS...

While the matrix card runs on the discover network it isn't an actual card issued by discover. A lot of people don't notice that so they automatically assume its a good card.

ALWAYS READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

that is all.
Message 7 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Smiley Tongue

Just a quick PS...

While the matrix card runs on the discover network it isn't an actual card issued by discover. A lot of people don't notice that so they automatically assume its a good card.

ALWAYS READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

that is all.

Totally agree! Great advice!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 11
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

Curious as to why everyone hated it here, I read the nerdwallet review on the card. A $75 annual fee and a $12 monthly fee once the CARD Act protection expires? Yeah, everyone can find a better card then that garbage.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 9 of 11
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

Wow...thanks all...I guess I am not that desperate.

My rebuilding is paying off....2 Cap 1's, $1K each, credit one bank...$750 (card sucks), macy's ($800), and best buy mastercard ($300 and $59 annual fee...need to close this one).  I have a new mortgage $276 at 3.375.

I settled accounts with some very good cards (Navy, chase, justice, ge, barclays, and merrick)...with settled zero balances, but I wanted a good card for emergencies.

Thanks,

Phumanr

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.