Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix of which credit report will be pulled

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Matrix of which credit report will be pulled

Hello, does anyone have a matrix of which of the three credit reports will be pulled by which lender?

I know this is generally regional, and at one point in time I did seek lenders on the opposite side of the country to pull my transunion score, and then selectively allow a pull on an exquifax score from a lender on this side of the country, for instance

but at this point its too confusing because I can't keep up, and everyone is just in the midwest now. 

I get a highly disproportionate amount of pulls on my Experian #, obviously lowering the score. Where my other company scores actually increase in the same amount of time! I am deemed more credit worthy by those other scores and would prefer to knock them down if I plan to leave the garden, or if I have to get my credit pulled like in a background check

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Matrix of which credit report will be pulled

check out the site whogavemecredit.com that may help

Message 2 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

Hello, does anyone have a matrix of which of the three credit reports will be pulled by which lender?

I know this is generally regional, and at one point in time I did seek lenders on the opposite side of the country to pull my transunion score, and then selectively allow a pull on an exquifax score from a lender on this side of the country, for instance

but at this point its too confusing because I can't keep up, and everyone is just in the midwest now. 

I get a highly disproportionate amount of pulls on my Experian #, obviously lowering the score. Where my other company scores actually increase in the same amount of time! I am deemed more credit worthy by those other scores and would prefer to knock them down if I plan to leave the garden, or if I have to get my credit pulled like in a background check

Just curious how are you "selectively" allowing lenders to pull certain reports?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 30
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

Just curious how are you "selectively" allowing lenders to pull certain reports?

I read it as OP choosing the lender based on what report they pull. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 30
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

OP, do a google search for "credit pulls database".  That will also give you info on which creditors pull which CRA.  You can use the drop down to select the creditor and state if you wish to help narrow it down for you.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Walt_K wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

me too. You might try whogavemecredit.com

If you are looking for a TU puller, try Barclay. If you need an EQ puller, try Discover.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

If you are looking for a TU puller, try Barclay. If you need an EQ puller, try Discover.

OP please clarify because I read it as maybe OP travels and pulls the trigger in say Chicago,New york, Texas depending on what region?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 30
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

OP please clarify because I read it as maybe OP travels and pulls the trigger in say Chicago,New york, Texas depending on what region?

I choose a lender based on what report they pull. Other people read it correctly.

Message 9 of 30
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

I choose a lender based on what report they pull. Other people read it correctly.

That's exactly how I planned all of my app sprees Woman Very Happy

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.