Re: Matrix of which credit report will be pulled

@Rhaeny wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@gen-specific wrote:

Hello, does anyone have a matrix of which of the three credit reports will be pulled by which lender?

I know this is generally regional, and at one point in time I did seek lenders on the opposite side of the country to pull my transunion score, and then selectively allow a pull on an exquifax score from a lender on this side of the country, for instance

but at this point its too confusing because I can't keep up, and everyone is just in the midwest now. 

I get a highly disproportionate amount of pulls on my Experian #, obviously lowering the score. Where my other company scores actually increase in the same amount of time! I am deemed more credit worthy by those other scores and would prefer to knock them down if I plan to leave the garden, or if I have to get my credit pulled like in a background check

Just curious how are you "selectively" allowing lenders to pull certain reports?

I read it as OP choosing the lender based on what report they pull. 

me too. You might try whogavemecredit.com

If you are looking for a TU puller, try Barclay. If you need an EQ puller, try Discover.

OP please clarify because I read it as maybe OP travels and pulls the trigger in say Chicago,New york, Texas depending on what region?

I choose a lender based on what report they pull. Other people read it correctly.

That's exactly how I planned all of my app sprees Woman Very Happy

I do too 

I pick one or 2 from each CB when app'ing and my spree is every 6 months  

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Might manipulate IP when applying using a browser or something. I imagine

IP addresses will not change which bureau they decide to pull.

It is the physical address that affects it.

From what I know, Citi, US Bank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase (to a limited extent), and Discover (to a limited extent) can vary on which bureau they pull.

Chase has been double / triple pulling, so regardless of where you are chances are you will end up with 1 inquiry on EX and 1 inquiry on EQ or TU, depending on where you are.

Discover alternates between TU and EQ, and will also pull EX in rare circumstances.

Wells Fargo, Citi, Bank of America and US Bank alternates between Experian or Equifax, depending on location. For example Citi pulls EX in LA and they pull EQ in NYC most of the time.

If you have relatives in another state / city, or if you have a house in another place, you can always put another address and try your luck. It can however result in a fraud alert and the whole process can become a lot more complicated. Best way to do it is to go to a new place during a summer vacation, have your address updated with your current lenders, and then apply for new credit.

More importantly, inquiries are just a small part of your credit report. It really isn't worth jumping through hoops just to spread out the number of inquiries or to have them pull something else.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

Might manipulate IP when applying using a browser or something. I imagine

IP addresses will not change which bureau they decide to pull.

It is the physical address that affects it.

From what I know, Citi, US Bank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase (to a limited extent), and Discover (to a limited extent) can vary on which bureau they pull.

Chase has been double / triple pulling, so regardless of where you are chances are you will end up with 1 inquiry on EX and 1 inquiry on EQ or TU, depending on where you are.

Discover alternates between TU and EQ, and will also pull EX in rare circumstances.

Wells Fargo, Citi, Bank of America and US Bank alternates between Experian or Equifax, depending on location. For example Citi pulls EX in LA and they pull EQ in NYC most of the time.

If you have relatives in another state / city, or if you have a house in another place, you can always put another address and try your luck. It can however result in a fraud alert and the whole process can become a lot more complicated. Best way to do it is to go to a new place during a summer vacation, have your address updated with your current lenders, and then apply for new credit.

More importantly, inquiries are just a small part of your credit report. It really isn't worth jumping through hoops just to spread out the number of inquiries or to have them pull something else.

This is why I asked for clairifiction because I'm going to visit family this summer and the area i'm going to mostly pulls from EQ so I may pull the trigger on 1 CC while there

Whereas if I pull it from home most of my pulls are EX and you don't really have to change address its just region you app from sometimes 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

If you are doing that, it's best to first update your new address with your current lenders. They will do a mid-cycle update and update your new address with the CRAs.

Then you can apply after that.

Otherwise, whenever the mailing address for the app differs from the address on file with the CRAs, it triggers a fraud alert and the whole process can be really troublesome.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

If you are doing that, it's best to first update your new address with your current lenders. They will do a mid-cycle update and update your new address with the CRAs.

Then you can apply after that.

Otherwise, whenever the mailing address for the app differs from the address on file with the CRAs, it triggers a fraud alert and the whole process can be really troublesome.

Card will still be mailed home it's just some area primarily pull different CB and no need for a mid cycle update because I never go over 9%  reporting Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 16 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

If I am not wrong, the bureau they pull is dependent upon the mailing / physical address, not the ip address of where you are applying from.

Message 17 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

If I am not wrong, the bureau they pull is dependent upon the mailing / physical address, not the ip address of where you are applying from.

Good question research time Lol can always change to mom address and change again if thats the case 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 18 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

if u ever find out let me know too Smiley Tongue

the easiest way is to just switch everything to your mom's address, apply, and then switch everything back to your home address after you're back home. that way it's guaranteed to pull from the other bureau

Message 19 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

if u ever find out let me know too Smiley Tongue

the easiest way is to just switch everything to your mom's address, apply, and then switch everything back to your home address after you're back home. that way it's guaranteed to pull from the other bureau

enharu i'm looking now Lol 

You know I will let you in on it if I find out for sure Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.