Did you mean: 

Matrix of which credit report will be pulled

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

Re: Matrix of which credit report will be pulled

@enharu wrote:

if u ever find out let me know too Smiley Tongue

the easiest way is to just switch everything to your mom's address, apply, and then switch everything back to your home address after you're back home. that way it's guaranteed to pull from the other bureau

lol thats not how it works.

LENDERS incorporated in different regions of the country are more likely to USE different credit reporting companies.

so a lender incorporated in california may be more likely to use Transunion, and a lender incorporated in New York may be more likely to use Experian

Message 21 of 30
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

No, because they're going to ask you how long you've lived there.  Then if you've lived in a place less than 5 (or is it 7?) you're going to have to disclose your prior address.  Not doing so could be considered fraud.

They'll likely pull the old address figuring that bureau has the best information based on the original regional distribution of CRA's when they were first setup.

I don't really see the point, if some lender wants to deny me for excessive inquiries that's their choice, and literally everything I apply for winds up on EX unless like others have mentioned I chase specific pullers of other bureaus (like my DCU / USAA relationships). 

        
Message 22 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@gen-specific wrote:

@enharu wrote:

the easiest way is to just switch everything to your mom's address, apply, and then switch everything back to your home address after you're back home. that way it's guaranteed to pull from the other bureau

LENDERS incorporated in different regions of the country are more likely to USE different credit reporting companies.

so a lender incorporated in california may be more likely to use Transunion, and a lender incorporated in New York may be more likely to use Experian

You got it and we can confirm an address change will help pull from different CB's found a article Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 23 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@enharu wrote:

enharu i'm looking now Lol 

You know I will let you in on it if I find out for sure Smiley Wink

Yup thanks! let me know!

@gen-specific wrote:

He is MOVING to his mom's address.

What I suggested is that he ought to change his address to his mom's address as well, so that he will fall under another state. You pretty much just reiterated what I said. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 30
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@gen-specific wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Only if they happen to pull a single bureau generally, and most of those institutions (CU's come to mind, USAA is another) have historically had their customers nearby... or in USAA's case, a heavy preponderance in the MD/DC/VA area.

National lenders will usually pull the bureau where you as the consumer live based on the old historical CRA distribution; sometimes this changes especially if you have a relationship already: odds on bet next time Chase does an inquiry for me it'll land on TU or EQ as they're already well familiar with my EX report.

        
Message 25 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

No, because they're going to ask you how long you've lived there.  Then if you've lived in a place less than 5 (or is it 7?) you're going to have to disclose your prior address.  Not doing so could be considered fraud.

They'll likely pull the old address figuring that bureau has the best information based on the original regional distribution of CRA's when they were first setup.

I don't really see the point, if some lender wants to deny me for excessive inquiries that's their choice, and literally everything I apply for winds up on EX unless like others have mentioned I chase specific pullers of other bureaus (like my DCU / USAA relationships). 

It's a good question because I have not lived at mom's house for 30 years yet still get mail there and I don't use the address? 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 26 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

While this may or may not help, it generally won't help much, especially for companies like Chase. They have been double / triple pulling so there's really nothing that can be done to avoid it.

It works to an extent for Citi, but they are still going to pull from EX or EQ. Citi rarely ever pulls TU primarily, and usually do so only in events of double / triple pull.

Anyhow since he's moving physically, it's worth a try.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 27 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

While this may or may not help, it generally won't help much, especially for companies like Chase. They have been double / triple pulling so there's really nothing that can be done to avoid it.

It works to an extent for Citi, but they are still going to pull from EX or EQ. Citi rarely ever pulls TU primarily, and usually do so only in events of double / triple pull.

Anyhow since he's moving physically, it's worth a try.

Vacationing for a month

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 28 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

well at least you will be there physically Smiley Tongue
Much better than someone applying with his/her parents mailing address when he is physically in another state.

Message 29 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@enharu wrote:

well at least you will be there physically Smiley Tongue
Much better than someone applying with his/her parents mailing address when he is physically in another state.

Lol

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.