Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maturing my accounts! 3 Cap1 PCs!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maturing my accounts! 3 Cap1 PCs!!!

Hey guys! once again, I was succesful with cap1 thanks to all the advice from here!

last week,  got 3 CLIs from cap1 .  after that I was reading about Product change etc. which I knew I didnt qualify for.  Anywho, I called after my third increase and got shot down.  Oh well you live and learn right?  I kept garneding, and talking pretty to my cards because they are growing and kept reading here on how people usually get a PC.  so I was ready last night at 1AM to send an email to the famous EO but I had class in the morning and my professor HATES cellphones so I couldnt wait for that call while in class. No biggie, I decided to get home, start an online chat while I was writing that email.  Two windows open, Safari chatting with an analyst, and mail waiting for me to hit that send button.  All of the sudden, she says "good news" and I almost sent the email by accident lol so I quit the mail app and she said my good ol' capital one no rewards no nothing from 2007 qualifies for the Quicksilver rewards program 1.5% cash back Do you accept?

So I told her, NO!Smiley Mad just kidding, of course I said yes! but I asked her if she could check my other two accounts and see what offers I might have.  she checked and long story short one qualifies to quicksilver card with no anual fees and the other one to the quicksilver one 39/month.

Honestly I don't know the difference between them and if you guys wouldnt mind telling me if its a good choice thanks in advance.  I didnt even dare to ask for a CLI but I don't know if its automatic with the upgrades.

Final results:

2007 cap1 visa(plain) -->> QS

08/2011MC -> QS1 $39/yr

01/2012 Orbitz -->Journey-->QS

no other details were given to me.  If anyone could help me translate this into simple words I would appreciate it Smiley Happy

Thanks again MyFico for all the information we rebuilders can find here Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Maturing my accounts! 3 Cap1 PCs!!!

Congrats. Simply put you got out of 2 AF's and now have only one on the QS1.  Good deal and enjoy the rewards as you use your cards. In 6 months or a year, hit them up again for them to PC the QS1 to a QS with no AF.  The more you use it and pay it, the more likely they are to remove the fee.  If they see that they are getting a lot of swipe fee's from your usage, they can drop the AF and still make their money.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 5
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

You did very well and as already stated, wait 6 months and PC that QS1 to a regular QS with no AF. CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 Congrats !!!! 🙆🙆🙆🙆🙆🙆🙆🙆
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!

I'll hope for a venture so I don't get 3 of the same cards.  if not, after I get out of the garden and apply to better cards I'll try to merge all 3 for a higher CL Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.