Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max CL for Express - Comenity?

tag
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

Max CL for Express - Comenity?

I requested a CLI and it said my limit of 3,100 was the maximum allowed. Is this correct? If so, no biggie...if not, then I will try again in a few months. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Max CL for Express - Comenity?

@kayvee_ wrote:

I requested a CLI and it said my limit of 3,100 was the maximum allowed. Is this correct? If so, no biggie...if not, then I will try again in a few months. Smiley Wink

IIRC, it's around $3,500; however some of their internal policies change frequently.  However, if you have reached that high of CL for Express that's actually not too shabby.  Is your spend on that card that high?

Message 2 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Mine is $2950
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 16
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@kayvee_ wrote:

IIRC, it's around $3,500; however some of their internal policies change frequently.  However, if you have reached that high of CL for Express that's actually not too shabby.  Is your spend on that card that high?

It used to be, now lately their stuff hasnt really been appealing to me. However, I have kept getting steady CLI's and doing minimal purchases. It helps come Christmas time though!

Message 4 of 16
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

You guys are so lucky to have such a nice limit from EXPRESS. I have this card from April this year and its still stuck at $250 limit. I am getting CLIs on all cards except this one. Every time i ask for CLI they say it takes 9 months for them to give first CLI. I like the card as their point system is good and they give rewards. I shop there a lot too. But if i dont get CLI at 9 month mark I am going to close this card too as i did for BUCKLE.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 5 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I've had mine since 2007. Just keep it. It'll grow steadily. I started at $250.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Message 7 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I closed out my Buckle CC a while ago.  CL was around $1,800.  Never any issues and the CL was fine.  Just wasn't using it as much as Express or J.Crew.

Message 8 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

A silent young... no way!  crickets?  lol

Message 9 of 16
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Idk how a blank post happened -.- stupid phone!!!
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.