Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Number Of Chase Cards

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

Max Number Of Chase Cards

I was wondering how Chase tracks or determines the number of allowable CCs per customer.. For instance, I have CSP with a 25k CL and a Chase Amazon Rewards with a 7k CL.. I'm concerned I'll get flagged or denied if I were to app for the Chase United Milelage Plus Explr Card... Does anyone know what the card limit is for Chase? I'm just trying to avoid any AA.  My current balance on my Amazon card is $0 and I'm sitting at $2,700 on the CSP after making a $7,800 payment this week. I normally carry a balance of around 3k on that card each month. Thanks a lot..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Max Number Of Chase Cards

With them it is about exposure limit.

Message 2 of 55
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

I was wondering how Chase tracks or determines the number of allowable CCs per customer.. For instance, I have CSP with a 25k CL and a Chase Amazon Rewards with a 7k CL.. I'm concerned I'll get flagged or denied if I were to app for the Chase United Milelage Plus Explr Card... Does anyone know what the card limit is for Chase? I'm just trying to avoid any AA.  My current balance on my Amazon card is $0 and I'm sitting at $2,700 on the CSP after making a $7,800 payment this week. I normally carry a balance of around 3k on that card each month. Thanks a lot..

Chase, as most big retail banks, don't have a max credit card limit, they have an exposure limit. Meaning, they have a limit, based on your profile, that they will extend to you. 

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 3 of 55
medo
Frequent Contributor

Agreed.  They will approve you for any card you ask for once you're in, but they may conditionally approve you and require you to move some of your CL from another card to the new card.  

This has been my experience anyway.  

Message 4 of 55
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

I'm not familiar with any limits on the number of cards you can have with Chase. I scored number 7 a few days ago with the 50k United Mileage Plus offer. Clearly, Chase does not mind me having more than half of their entire product offerings. The exposure limit they have allotted to you is divided amongst the number of Chase cards that you have. If your credit report and income allow, Chase may increase that limit over time for additional cards or CLIs. I always prefer the former because the bonuses Chase has are very enticing.

I eventually plan on closing my Amazon, Slate, and Marriott cards. I have the Ritz, British Airways, and IHG cards still on my want list.

Message 5 of 55
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

With 800 Credit Scores and a $25k CSP, you are likely to get an even HIGHER United Approval... GO GO GO FOR IT!

Message 6 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sharingan wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

I'm not familiar with any limits on the number of cards you can have with Chase. I scored number 7 a few days ago with the 50k United Mileage Plus offer. Clearly, Chase does not mind me having more than half of their entire product offerings. The exposure limit they have allotted to you is divided amongst the number of Chase cards that you have. If your credit report and income allow, Chase may increase that limit over time for additional cards or CLIs. I always prefer the former because the bonuses Chase has are very enticing.

I eventually plan on closing my Amazon, Slate, and Marriott cards. I have the Ritz, British Airways, and IHG cards still on my want list.

So much blue in your sig. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 55
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

I think you're just fine. I have 5 chase cards (CSP, Ritz, Marriot, United,Freedom) with combined limits of over 50k). As long as you dont open and close frequently, you should be just fine.

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 8 of 55
onstar
Established Contributor

@Jansroom726 wrote:

I think you're just fine. I have 5 chase cards (CSP, Ritz, Marriot, United,Freedom) with combined limits of over 50k). As long as you dont open and close frequently, you should be just fine.

Ditto. I got 5 personal cards and over $50K total limits. 2 opened last year, 3 opened in the past 3 months.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 9 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 2 

Message 10 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.