Max Number Of Chase Cards

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Max Number Of Chase Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

I was wondering how Chase tracks or determines the number of allowable CCs per customer.. For instance, I have CSP with a 25k CL and a Chase Amazon Rewards with a 7k CL.. I'm concerned I'll get flagged or denied if I were to app for the Chase United Milelage Plus Explr Card... Does anyone know what the card limit is for Chase? I'm just trying to avoid any AA.  My current balance on my Amazon card is $0 and I'm sitting at $2,700 on the CSP after making a $7,800 payment this week. I normally carry a balance of around 3k on that card each month. Thanks a lot..

I'm not familiar with any limits on the number of cards you can have with Chase. I scored number 7 a few days ago with the 50k United Mileage Plus offer. Clearly, Chase does not mind me having more than half of their entire product offerings. The exposure limit they have allotted to you is divided amongst the number of Chase cards that you have. If your credit report and income allow, Chase may increase that limit over time for additional cards or CLIs. I always prefer the former because the bonuses Chase has are very enticing.

I eventually plan on closing my Amazon, Slate, and Marriott cards. I have the Ritz, British Airways, and IHG cards still on my want list.

So much blue in your sig. Smiley Happy

+1

Message 11 of 55
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

I was wondering how Chase tracks or determines the number of allowable CCs per customer.. For instance, I have CSP with a 25k CL and a Chase Amazon Rewards with a 7k CL.. I'm concerned I'll get flagged or denied if I were to app for the Chase United Milelage Plus Explr Card... Does anyone know what the card limit is for Chase? I'm just trying to avoid any AA.  My current balance on my Amazon card is $0 and I'm sitting at $2,700 on the CSP after making a $7,800 payment this week. I normally carry a balance of around 3k on that card each month. Thanks a lot..

I'm not familiar with any limits on the number of cards you can have with Chase. I scored number 7 a few days ago with the 50k United Mileage Plus offer. Clearly, Chase does not mind me having more than half of their entire product offerings. The exposure limit they have allotted to you is divided amongst the number of Chase cards that you have. If your credit report and income allow, Chase may increase that limit over time for additional cards or CLIs. I always prefer the former because the bonuses Chase has are very enticing.

I eventually plan on closing my Amazon, Slate, and Marriott cards. I have the Ritz, British Airways, and IHG cards still on my want list.

So much blue in your sig. Smiley Happy

There's going to be more blue once I get around to adding the United Explorer. I never really noticed it, surprisingly. What usually draws my attention is all the elaborate lines that Citi uses on some of their cards.

Message 12 of 55
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Sharingan wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

Great info here.. Thanks for the feedback.. Maybe I'll go for the United Plus card..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 13 of 55
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

Great info here.. Thanks for the feedback.. Maybe I'll go for the United Plus card..

You are welcome. I recommend the United Mileage Plus card because the offer is actually 55k if you add an authorized user. I was supposed to go for the Thank You Premier this month, but opted for this card instead. Hopefully, the Premier's 50k offer will still be around at the end of this year.

Message 14 of 55
DELSOL2020
Established Member

I have 6. Ritz, Marriott, CSP, Freedom, Slate, Amazon.
Current Score: EX 686, EQ 679, TU 724 May 04, 2015
Short Term Goal: EX 700, EQ 700, TU 700
Goal Score: EX 750, EQ 750, TU 750
Message 15 of 55
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I also have 6... Ritz, Marriot, CSP, Freedom, Hyatt, Southwest.

I'm eyeing the IHG card.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 16 of 55
RSCo
Established Contributor

Thank you everyone for the advice... I think I'll go for the UnitedPlus Explorer... I can't believe how heavily they advertise and push that card.. Everywhere you go in any airport, email and postal mail, they're pushing the card.. Must spend a bundle in Marketing that thing..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 17 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I considered it but I already have enough airline miles laying around to last me well into next year.

Message 18 of 55
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

I got the email too... I'm scared to add more INQ to my EX lol
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 19 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Membersince2013 wrote:
I got the email too... I'm scared to add more INQ to my EX lol

As you should be.

Smiley Indifferent

Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.