Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max age for a parent to cosign for a card

tag
dabossman
Contributor

Max age for a parent to cosign for a card

So what is the max age a person can be and still have a parent cosign for a card with them, I have good credit, 740's accross the board, ex might be 739 now due to a stupid waste of a hard pull, but the issue is my low income since i'm still a student. I'm 22 is that too old to have a parent cosign with me for a US bank cash plus

Mouse over for Limits, Sorted Oldest to Newest
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: Max age for a parent to cosign for a card

no it is not too old your parents can cosign for you I am not sure how US bank views it though only way to know is to call them

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

AFAIK, anyone can cosign at any age, doesn't have to be a parent.  Lots of people with poorish credit need a cosigner for cards and loans.

Message 3 of 4
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

AFAIK, anyone can cosign at any age, doesn't have to be a parent.  Lots of people with poorish credit need a cosigner for cards and loans.

Yep. The issue is finding a bank that will do joint credit card accounts. Most of the big one's don't, as I recall.

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.