Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max it out? SD?

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Max it out? SD?

OK, so Chase CLD'd DW.

She called them this morning and they DID restore her original credit line.  $7,500.

She has about $3,500 on it and we WERE planning to use another $2 or $3k on it to buy groceries for the next few months.

NOW we don't trust it.

We've still got the ability to BT TO the Slate from other cards, and are debating transferring 3K or so MORE on to the card while it's still at a zero percent interest rate and free up available credit on other accounts...that she's had for years and have NEVER lowered her credit line.

Are we cutting off our nose to spite our face?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 14 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Chase CLD.

don't know why yet, but DW's Slate just went from $7,500 to $4,000.

It WASN'T maxed out, but it is now.  Smiley Sad

No late payments, more than the minimum every month...sent a secured message this morning and haven't heard back yet.

GRRRRR.

Message 1 of 22
Weights
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase CLD.

I would recommend that she calls their lending department to find out the reason and appeal it.  The number to reach an analyst can be found in the backdoor number listings. Best of luck! 

Message 2 of 22
vpae
Established Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

No late payments, more than the minimum every month...sent a secured message this morning and haven't heard back yet.

GRRRRR.

What are her scores and utilization like? Are there other cards that are almost maxed out? They must have saw something they didn't like. Did she open a lot of other cards recently?

Sorry to hear this, it's so frustrating. I had Capital One balance chase me on my Best Buy MC a while back, they wouldn't raise it, not even after contacting EO. I SD'd it.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 3 of 22
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

This is only an assumption.....if yours and your wife both have high ulitization and you applied for the Slate I believe a couple weeks with a lot of inquiries they must gotten concern.  They must see you as a risky card holder even if your paying slightly more than the minimum.  Just my guess.  Hope you get this straighten out before others start balance chasing you as well.  

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 4 of 22
Shock
Established Contributor

My 1k freedom is almost maxed out. Im planning on letting it cut and carry a balance because on th 0% promo. Should I be worried of a CLD?

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 5 of 22
Weights
Regular Contributor

@Shock wrote:

My 1k freedom is almost maxed out. Im planning on letting it cut and carry a balance because on th 0% promo. Should I be worried of a CLD?

I wouldn't be so long as you don't do anything that would likely draw their attention (lates, many new inquiries and accounts, etc).  I did this on an older account with Chase before and never had AA taken against me. 

Message 6 of 22
enharu
Super Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

GRRRRR.

Call 1800-290-1316. This is the Chase lending department that deals specifically with adverse action. Before you call, be prepared to answer about any questions regarding your Chase accounts, contents within your credit report and income. 

If they are unable to reverse the adverse action, then call executive office as the last step.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 22
tcbofade
Super Contributor

She will call them later today.

After we closed on the house, (29 November) we both opened several new trade lines...all inquiries and new accounts were in December of 13, she has no inquiries this year, and NONE of her cards are maxed out.  Two or three might be just over 50%, but NOW the Slate will report maxed next month... GRRRR.

Message 8 of 22
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@tcbofade wrote:

She will call them later today.

After we closed on the house, (29 November) we both opened several new trade lines...all inquiries and new accounts were in December of 13, she has no inquiries this year, and NONE of her cards are maxed out.  Two or three might be just over 50%, but NOW the Slate will report maxed next month... GRRRR.

Call the number enharu stated. She might be able to turn this around. 

Message 9 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.