Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max number of new CC's?

tag
tim1017
Regular Contributor

Max number of new CC's?

Went on a bit of a spree (shopiing cart trick and apps) with 4 shopping cart trick approvals (VS, Express, Buckle, Bylen Home) and 1 application approval for Walmart MC.  3 denials Navy Fed, Discover it and Barclays. I'm done but may request CLI's with some recons (recon with Discover went nowhere).  Question is this FIVE AT ONCE TOO MANY?  Golk was to expedite the lowering my UTI with more credit available along paying down my other two credit cards.  Now I have 8 CC that are going in the shredder.  Need to just tend to these until Summer. 

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Max number of new CC's?

It all depends on your profile. How many inquiries do you have and how thick is your file? Scores? Other cards and when were they opened?

Message 2 of 21
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

5 is a lot, but you should be fine. I've gotten 12 the past year (not trying to give you any ideas...lol!!!).

Just make sure you garden for the next 6-12 months.
Message 3 of 21
tim1017
Regular Contributor

I have a long history of credit (meaning trend lines) started rebuidling last year, before this spree I had three other inquiries in the past year.  Opened other Credit cards in 2013 and 2010.  Scores are just over 600 now.  I don't NEED or WANT more, just curious if I went overboard.

04/27 SCORES - EQ 653
EXP 672
TU 653
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

whats shopping cart trick?
Message 5 of 21
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

trust me, you don't want to know...

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

googleing it now lol
Message 7 of 21
NRB525
Super Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

trust me, you don't want to know...

+1

If you want to get to 850, you aren't going to get there with shopping cart tricks Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe if someone told me what it was i would know lol\
Message 9 of 21
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@tim1017 wrote:

Went on a bit of a spree (shopiing cart trick and apps) with 4 shopping cart trick approvals (VS, Express, Buckle, Bylen Home) and 1 application approval for Walmart MC.  3 denials Navy Fed, Discover it and Barclays. I'm done but may request CLI's with some recons (recon with Discover went nowhere).  Question is this FIVE AT ONCE TOO MANY?  Golk was to expedite the lowering my UTI with more credit available along paying down my other two credit cards.  Now I have 8 CC that are going in the shredder.  Need to just tend to these until Summer. 

I've gotten 5 with the past few days lol 2 Amex another Chase a Discover and another Barclay

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.