Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max points for Amazon purchases?

tag
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

Re: Max points for Amazon purchases?

Actually, come to think of it, I suppose the high APR might be due to my balance on my Slate card.  It's a little over 9k, and I've been paying only $250 a month on it because it is my lowest APR balance (apart from my zero percent cards)--it is 4.99 due to a promo offer that still applies.  I've been concentrating on the higher-APR cards first, but should be able to throw more at the Slate card in a few months and get that reduced further.  As I said, I should have ALL my balances paid off by about this time next year.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 31 of 48
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@LexieCat wrote:

OK, I bit on the Amazon Rewards Visa.  I wasn't going to apply for any more cards for a while, but I spend SO much at Amazon I wanted to at least get a bit more in the way of rewards for those purchases.  The $60 gift card for signup was nice, and I like that it applies to ALL Amazon.com purchases, including Marketplace purchases, downloads, and Prime membership.  I've always had a good relationship with Chase, so I feel more comfortable with that than dealing with USBank (even if I could apply over the phone). And as I said, SallieMae seemed a little too vague about which purchases would qualify.  

I only got a $5k CL, but that is more than enough for my usage, and I imagine that may go up over time.  If I buy anything THAT expensive, chances are I would be putting it on my Amazon store card with a free financing offer.

OK, now that's REALLY it for apps for right now.  May go for the CSP next summer before my vacation.  By then, my balances should all be mostly paid off, my scores higher, etc.

You only received a $60 gift card? Interesting because I received $70. I know if you app directly from Chase's website you only get $50 or sometimes even low as $30. 

I rec'd the $30 offer recently.

No %&#$in' way.

Yea, I noticed that the gift card price changes depending on where you come from. Best time to apply is with something in your cart on Amazon and refresh until you see the Amazon Visa offer (not the store card). 

Message 32 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@LexieCat wrote:

OK, I bit on the Amazon Rewards Visa.  I wasn't going to apply for any more cards for a while, but I spend SO much at Amazon I wanted to at least get a bit more in the way of rewards for those purchases.  The $60 gift card for signup was nice, and I like that it applies to ALL Amazon.com purchases, including Marketplace purchases, downloads, and Prime membership.  I've always had a good relationship with Chase, so I feel more comfortable with that than dealing with USBank (even if I could apply over the phone). And as I said, SallieMae seemed a little too vague about which purchases would qualify.  

I only got a $5k CL, but that is more than enough for my usage, and I imagine that may go up over time.  If I buy anything THAT expensive, chances are I would be putting it on my Amazon store card with a free financing offer.

OK, now that's REALLY it for apps for right now.  May go for the CSP next summer before my vacation.  By then, my balances should all be mostly paid off, my scores higher, etc.

You only received a $60 gift card? Interesting because I received $70. I know if you app directly from Chase's website you only get $50 or sometimes even low as $30. 

No %&#$in' way.

Yea, I noticed that the gift card price changes depending on where you come from. Best time to apply is with something in your cart on Amazon and refresh until you see the Amazon Visa offer (not the store card). 

Not that worried about it. I'm done with this app-o-rama should I get an approval on the DCP..

Message 33 of 48
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@LexieCat wrote:

No %&#$in' way.

Heehee,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html?ie=UTF8&place=camp&plattr=CBFOOT&pr=con321&ref_=footer_cbcc

Have to to go through the shopping cart or amazon's link.

Signature needs updating
Message 34 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

@LexieCat wrote:

No %&#$in' way.

Heehee,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/cobrandcard/marketing.html?ie=UTF8&place=camp&plattr=CBFOOT&pr=con321&ref_=footer_cbcc

Have to to go through the shopping cart or amazon's link.

Neat find Smiley Very Happy

But i'm not risking an EX pull for $70 right now :/

12 is enough for right now, lol.

Message 35 of 48
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I also have links for $100 bonus for AARP card.
Signature needs updating
Message 36 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Please stop!!! Smiley Tongue

So many Chase cards, too many inquiries. :/

Message 37 of 48
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Please stop!!! Smiley Tongue

So many Chase cards, too many inquiries. :/

Lol

Signature needs updating
Message 38 of 48
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@LexieCat wrote:

SallieMae seems "iffy" in terms of what would qualify as a "bookstore" purchase.  The terms and conditions basically sound like you use it at your own risk on Amazon.   The Amazon Rewards card sounds a lot more definite.

That is what I thought and in the past 6 months ALL of my purchases on Amazon.com counted as 5% and I did not buy a single book. Even groceries on Amazon came up with 5%. Kindle service is not counting but my test on Amazon.de and Amazon.co.uk even worked with 5% but of course subject to FTF.  I knew that but I just wanted to test it. Smiley Happy.

Message 39 of 48
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@LexieCat wrote:

SallieMae seems "iffy" in terms of what would qualify as a "bookstore" purchase.  The terms and conditions basically sound like you use it at your own risk on Amazon.   The Amazon Rewards card sounds a lot more definite.

Little too late, but I have had no issue with Amazon purchases receving the 5% on the SM.  I've purchased from Amazon, Fulfilled by Amazon & Marketplace, and received 5% on all of them.  The only thing I didn't receive the 5% on was my Prime renewal.

I wonder.... does the Chase/Amazon rewards get 3% back on the $99 annual fee? For 3 bucks, I'll switch my Prime preferences.  Smiley Wink

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.