cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum credit limit with Paypal Extra Mastercard?

tag
YanYan

Re: Maximum credit limit with Paypal Extra Mastercard?

It was easy enough to get them to go from $6,000 to $15,000, but should I even dare to go higher considering I barely spend $150 a month on the card?
Message 11 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@YanYan

I feel the same way when I asked for my last CLI. I almost felt guilty. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 22
YanYan

09Lexie, I also felt guilty. If I ask for $25,000 and they ask why, what can I say? If they come back and tell me about how I barely use the card then on top of feeling guilty I will also feel depressed,
Message 13 of 22
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Use it heavy one month....
Message 14 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@YanYan

Yep, usually I have no problem pulling a figure out of my mouth but for this card (and the Wal/Disc) it's like the words are caught in my throat.
Message 15 of 22
YanYan

I'll have to work on getting the courage to ask for a gazillion bucks like a lot of guys on the forum can. Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 22
BackInTheSaddleAgain
Regular Contributor

What was your TU FICO when you were approved Young Man? I am finally taking the plung tomorrow and applying for this card. Just wondering what CL to expect with my scores below. No lates in over 5 years. No inquiries past 5 months. Good income. AAoA = 8 yrs.

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 22
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@physignathus wrote:

Just got increased to 25k from 23k. GE is very awesome.

Congrats Awsome limit!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 18 of 22
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Backintheaaddleagain,

My scores were like 710-720 I think in between there. My AAOA is 2 years with a credit history of just 3.4 years. I was actually disappointed with the initial limit, I have a good income and have several cards with 20K+ limits. I got approved for 3k and recon'd by calling customer service but it was a no go. They said they just want to see usage and how I handle it. Right now I put like 2k on it every month and PIF before the statements cut. I will call credit solutions in jan when I go past fourth statement and ask for 20k. Let's see
Message 19 of 22
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

What was your TU FICO when you were approved Young Man? I am finally taking the plung tomorrow and applying for this card. Just wondering what CL to expect with my scores below. No lates in over 5 years. No inquiries past 5 months. Good income. AAoA = 8 yrs.

I am going to take a wild guess and say $5000.  I also think that in three months they will raise it to $7500 or double it.  I had my card for about 3 months and they doubled it.  I started out with $1500.  I didn't ask for it, I simply used it nicely for one or two billing cycles and that was it.  My sister has been using the card for the last few months and has put through a fair amount of money on it.  She had over $5000 on the card at one point, so I think I can ask again soon, right after Thanksgiving for an increase.  (However, I doubt the card will be used as much, since she figured out that the points aren't really worth it and has switched to my PNC, Barclays, and this one for gas!  It gives 2.5% on gas!  It's only .8% on regular purchases.)

They are really good about credit limit increases, though. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.