Re: Maximum credit limit with Paypal Extra Mastercard?

It was easy enough to get them to go from $6,000 to $15,000, but should I even dare to go higher considering I barely spend $150 a month on the card?

@YanYan

I feel the same way when I asked for my last CLI. I almost felt guilty. :smileysad:

09Lexie, I also felt guilty. If I ask for $25,000 and they ask why, what can I say? If they come back and tell me about how I barely use the card then on top of feeling guilty I will also feel depressed,
Frequent Contributor

Use it heavy one month....

@YanYan

Yep, usually I have no problem pulling a figure out of my mouth but for this card (and the Wal/Disc) it's like the words are caught in my throat.

I'll have to work on getting the courage to ask for a gazillion bucks like a lot of guys on the forum can. :smileyhappy:
Regular Contributor

What was your TU FICO when you were approved Young Man? I am finally taking the plung tomorrow and applying for this card. Just wondering what CL to expect with my scores below. No lates in over 5 years. No inquiries past 5 months. Good income. AAoA = 8 yrs.

Current Score: EX: 718, EQ: 715, TU: 720
Goal Score: EX: 750, EQ: 750, TU: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor

physignathus wrote:

Just got increased to 25k from 23k. GE is very awesome.

Congrats Awsome limit!

Frequent Contributor

Backintheaaddleagain,

My scores were like 710-720 I think in between there. My AAOA is 2 years with a credit history of just 3.4 years. I was actually disappointed with the initial limit, I have a good income and have several cards with 20K+ limits. I got approved for 3k and recon'd by calling customer service but it was a no go. They said they just want to see usage and how I handle it. Right now I put like 2k on it every month and PIF before the statements cut. I will call credit solutions in jan when I go past fourth statement and ask for 20k. Let's see
Valued Contributor

BackInTheSaddleAgain wrote:

What was your TU FICO when you were approved Young Man? I am finally taking the plung tomorrow and applying for this card. Just wondering what CL to expect with my scores below. No lates in over 5 years. No inquiries past 5 months. Good income. AAoA = 8 yrs.

I am going to take a wild guess and say $5000.  I also think that in three months they will raise it to $7500 or double it.  I had my card for about 3 months and they doubled it.  I started out with $1500.  I didn't ask for it, I simply used it nicely for one or two billing cycles and that was it.  My sister has been using the card for the last few months and has put through a fair amount of money on it.  She had over $5000 on the card at one point, so I think I can ask again soon, right after Thanksgiving for an increase.  (However, I doubt the card will be used as much, since she figured out that the points aren't really worth it and has switched to my PNC, Barclays, and this one for gas!  It gives 2.5% on gas!  It's only .8% on regular purchases.)

They are really good about credit limit increases, though. 

Rethink every purchase you make, before you make it. Use the card with the best rewards. Pay in full each month. Redeem rewards often. Use the cards online shopping for more discounts. Smile, knowing that being thrifty allows you to actually get more out of the same amount of money!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.