Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of accounts with Chase

tag
gtnitright
Regular Contributor

Re: Maximum number of accounts with Chase

Did they use the same hard pull for both of your cards or were they separate. 

Starting Score : EQ 635. TU 632 EX 635
Goal Score: 700. br >
.Nordstrom $800 Loft/$800 Cap 1/$3900 Amex BCE $9000br >
Message 21 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@TeeGee wrote:

Just wondering about why folks want 4 or 5 cards with the same lender (I have 2 w/CapitalOne simply because they bought out Household).  I guess there is a reason?

For many, the point is to get cards with rewards or features that suit your particular needs.   There may be no real choice in some cases, (where an issuer has an airline/hotel chain pretty much to itself) in others people may prefer using an issuer they are already familiar with.   In addition, several cards may participate in the same program, such as Freedom/CSP/Ink (and other) all being in UR.  So if the reward structure is good for you, it makes sense to also combine the rewards within a family, which means, in this case, Chase cards.

But at least some choose the cards they want/need, and these happen to come from Chase, rather than deliberatly only looking at Chase offerings.

Message 22 of 29
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

@gtnitright wrote:

Did they use the same hard pull for both of your cards or were they separate. 

For the CS and United+ .. they used one HP.

Current Cards:
Message 23 of 29
gnay
Valued Member

I have 4 Chase cards

app'ed in the following order

6/2013 Freedom $4,000 (auto CLI to $4,500 within 6 months)

11/2013 CSP $11,000

12/2013 Hyatt Gold Passport $12,000

4/2014 Amazon Rewards....................................................................$500!!!!!!! Yes Five Hundred.... I was kind of shocked with such a low limit.

It appears that they do have internal limit, which for me is $28,000

I plan on asking Chase to move/consolidate my limits around

Freedom to $5000 so i can get the siggy version

CSP $10,000

Hyatt $10,000

Amazon $3,000

if that is possible..?

Message 24 of 29
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@TeeGee wrote:

I was recently approved for the Southwest Rapid Rewards card with a ridiculous CL of $16K.  I wouldn't even THINK of asking them for the Freedom card!!   I mean, at some point, enough is enough, right?  

I have no interest in store cards with their APR's anymore, and am only using cards with zero intro rates or good rates.  My Southwest card is 14.99% I think so I got the points for travel (real quick too - I needed four tires, rotors and brakes all at once Smiley Sad ) and am transferring that balance to zero % cards while the 'gettin' is good.

Just curious about the reasoning for having a huge abundance of credit cards.  My next goal is a mortgage.  I could buy a car, but I have a super reliable nice 05 Accord with 65K miles so although I get a little jealous of all the bells and whistles on new cars; I'll stick with my paid off one!

Just wondering about why folks want 4 or 5 cards with the same lender (I have 2 w/CapitalOne simply because they bought out Household).  I guess there is a reason?

I had 5 Chase cards at one point, but closed Hyatt last year because I wanted the Freedom card more.  Like emptypockets said earlier, I reached their internal limit on total available credit - they said so.  I'll be down to 3 when I cut my United Explorer card loose any day now.

The nice thing about Chase is they make reallocation of limits ridiculously easy, so if it comes down to it they will happily move limits around to push an approval through.  

Message 25 of 29
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@gnay wrote:

I have 4 Chase cards

11/2013 CSP $11,000

4/2014 Amazon Rewards....................................................................$500!!!!!!! Yes Five Hundred.... I was kind of shocked with such a low limit.

CSP $10,000

Hyatt $10,000

Amazon $3,000

if that is possible..?

From what I've read on credit boards, they easily and willingly move around credit limits.  I have never done it, myself.  I don't know if by moving your limit on the Freedom to $5000 will automatically get you a signature card or not, though.  As I understand it, signature cards no longer have the prestige they had in the past, but I can't say whether their approval standards are different than other cards.

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 26 of 29
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@randeman wrote:

@gnay wrote:

I have 4 Chase cards

11/2013 CSP $11,000

CSP $10,000

Hyatt $10,000

Amazon $3,000

if that is possible..?

From what I've read on credit boards, they easily and willingly move around credit limits.  I have never done it, myself.  I don't know if by moving your limit on the Freedom to $5000 will automatically get you a signature card or not, though.  As I understand it, signature cards no longer have the prestige they had in the past, but I can't say whether their approval standards are different than other cards.

Some have had luck "cpnverting" their non-Siggy cards into Siggy cards, but Chase doesn't automatically upgrade them.

When I've asked, I've been turned down for two Chase cards I've been too busy otherwise to raise the issue again.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 27 of 29
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@randeman wrote:

@gnay wrote:

I have 4 Chase cards

11/2013 CSP $11,000

CSP $10,000

Hyatt $10,000

Amazon $3,000

if that is possible..?

Some have had luck "cpnverting" their non-Siggy cards into Siggy cards, but Chase doesn't automatically upgrade them.

When I've asked, I've been turned down for two Chase cards I've been too busy otherwise to raise the issue again.

It's definitely not automatic. You have to SM or contact the EO. My upgrade took 7 phone calls, but others have had sucess the first time!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-Freedom-upgraded-to-Visa-Signature/td-p/2453559

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 28 of 29
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I have 5 Chase CCs at the moment... 4 Personal and 1 Business.  I've been banking with them for 6+ years as well and had a mortgage with them at one time.  They are awesome to work with once you get in with them.  Every time I've called to re-allocate CLs or upgrade a card (MC to WMC in my case) they did it without a problem.  And the CS reps on the CSP line are the nicest most polite folks I have ever had to deal with.  Chase is a great bank to deal with!

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.