Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxing a card out question

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Maxing a card out question

Even if you let it report, it's no big deal. As long as you are not applying for any sort of credit or loan, just let balances report.

I let my credit card balances report whenever I'm not applying for credit, but I do pay my entire statement in full by the next cycle, so i never get charged any interests. Sometimes I have more than 1 maxed out card reporting, and there's been instances where my CSP and other cards were at >100% utilization, though at different times.

Never had any sort of any issues with any banks. The only downside is that your score takes a temporary hit with all the high utilization reporting, but if you are not seeking credit, then it doesn't matter.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

+1 US Bank 100%
Message 12 of 14
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@odbbza wrote:

Ok I appreciate the quick responses... I'm trying to set up a auto pay of a new CC actually and I'm deciding what bills I want the CC to pay for (then pay the CC off right away).

edit: Do I just ask the company when they report or how will I find that out?

Most report right after the statements cut! It shows on reports a few days later

Note the "Most".  US Bank reports at the end of the month, regardless of statement date.   I don't know other exceptions but tell us what the card is in case others know.

Amex, Discover and PedFed does it right after statement cuts!

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 13 of 14
odbbza
New Visitor

It's a Capital One quicksilver one cash rewards.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.