cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?

I meant you can't pay the bill before you get the statement lol.

Message 11 of 60
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Beane wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

People give different answers and it's really whatever you feel comfortable with. I personally wouldn't max out a card.. it doesn't look good even if you pay it off in full when you get the bill. You don't pay the bill before you get it. 

I think many people pay on their account before the bills cut.  I tend to make multiple payments during the month before the bill cuts.

best way to do it is the way your doing it now

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 60
Beane
Regular Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I log online and see my balance and push through payments all the time.  I guess that's true if you only get paper statements, though.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 13 of 60
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Beane wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

People give different answers and it's really whatever you feel comfortable with. I personally wouldn't max out a card.. it doesn't look good even if you pay it off in full when you get the bill. You don't pay the bill before you get it. 

I think many people pay on their account before the bills cut.  I tend to make multiple payments during the month before the bill cuts.

How can you pay off a credit card bill without the bill? Even online, how can you do that without the bill being made? 

Message 14 of 60
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Beane wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I log online and see my balance and push through payments all the time.  I guess that's true if you only get paper statements, though.

I DO have a debit card/checking account that I pay my phone bill with but that's it. Everything else is money orders.

Message 15 of 60
myjourney
Super Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Beane wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

How can you pay off a credit card bill without the bill? Even online, how can you do that without the bill being made? 

Easy go online and pay we all do it all the time you wait until it post and PAY

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 16 of 60
Beane
Regular Contributor

If you've put $800 in charges on a card during a particular month it should show up online as you having that much of your credit line used.  You can pay the $800 dollars to that credit card before the statement cuts and you statement will show that you've using $0 of your credit at that time.  That is the snapshot send to the credit bureaus each month used for utilization purposes.  So you could have all your cards maxed out a week before your statements cut and pay them off beforehand to report $0 balances.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 17 of 60
Beane
Regular Contributor

You can pay online via check.  Just use the routing number of your checking account and set up a bank to pay from on your online site.  Shows up as an electronic transaction.

Message 18 of 60
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Beane wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

So I was right when I said you can't pay until the bill is posted.

Message 19 of 60
myjourney
Super Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Beane wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

So I was right when I said you can't pay until the bill is posted.

No not really you can push payments thur online banking before it post 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.