Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 857
Registered: ‎08-29-2013
0

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?

I meant you can't pay the bill before you get the statement lol.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,912
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?


Beane wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

People give different answers and it's really whatever you feel comfortable with. I personally wouldn't max out a card.. it doesn't look good even if you pay it off in full when you get the bill. You don't pay the bill before you get it. 


I think many people pay on their account before the bills cut.  I tend to make multiple payments during the month before the bill cuts.


best way to do it is the way your doing it now

+ Chase ink =




Regular Contributor
Posts: 147
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?


killer_queen229 wrote:

I meant you can't pay the bill before you get the statement lol.


I log online and see my balance and push through payments all the time.  I guess that's true if you only get paper statements, though.


FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Established Contributor
Posts: 857
Registered: ‎08-29-2013
0

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?


myjourney wrote:

Beane wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

People give different answers and it's really whatever you feel comfortable with. I personally wouldn't max out a card.. it doesn't look good even if you pay it off in full when you get the bill. You don't pay the bill before you get it. 


I think many people pay on their account before the bills cut.  I tend to make multiple payments during the month before the bill cuts.


best way to do it is the way your doing it now


How can you pay off a credit card bill without the bill? Even online, how can you do that without the bill being made? 

Established Contributor
Posts: 857
Registered: ‎08-29-2013
0

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?


Beane wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

I meant you can't pay the bill before you get the statement lol.


I log online and see my balance and push through payments all the time.  I guess that's true if you only get paper statements, though.


I DO have a debit card/checking account that I pay my phone bill with but that's it. Everything else is money orders.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,912
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?


killer_queen229 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Beane wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

People give different answers and it's really whatever you feel comfortable with. I personally wouldn't max out a card.. it doesn't look good even if you pay it off in full when you get the bill. You don't pay the bill before you get it. 


I think many people pay on their account before the bills cut.  I tend to make multiple payments during the month before the bill cuts.


best way to do it is the way your doing it now


How can you pay off a credit card bill without the bill? Even online, how can you do that without the bill being made? 


Easy go online and pay we all do it all the time you wait until it post and PAY

+ Chase ink =




Regular Contributor
Posts: 147
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?

If you've put $800 in charges on a card during a particular month it should show up online as you having that much of your credit line used.  You can pay the $800 dollars to that credit card before the statement cuts and you statement will show that you've using $0 of your credit at that time.  That is the snapshot send to the credit bureaus each month used for utilization purposes.  So you could have all your cards maxed out a week before your statements cut and pay them off beforehand to report $0 balances.


FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Regular Contributor
Posts: 147
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?

You can pay online via check.  Just use the routing number of your checking account and set up a bank to pay from on your online site.  Shows up as an electronic transaction.


FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Established Contributor
Posts: 857
Registered: ‎08-29-2013
0

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?


myjourney wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Beane wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

People give different answers and it's really whatever you feel comfortable with. I personally wouldn't max out a card.. it doesn't look good even if you pay it off in full when you get the bill. You don't pay the bill before you get it. 


I think many people pay on their account before the bills cut.  I tend to make multiple payments during the month before the bill cuts.


best way to do it is the way your doing it now


How can you pay off a credit card bill without the bill? Even online, how can you do that without the bill being made? 


Easy go online and pay we all do it all the time you wait until it post and PAY


So I was right when I said you can't pay until the bill is posted.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,912
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Maxing out Credit Card then Paying in Full?


killer_queen229 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

myjourney wrote:

Beane wrote:

killer_queen229 wrote:

People give different answers and it's really whatever you feel comfortable with. I personally wouldn't max out a card.. it doesn't look good even if you pay it off in full when you get the bill. You don't pay the bill before you get it. 


I think many people pay on their account before the bills cut.  I tend to make multiple payments during the month before the bill cuts.


best way to do it is the way your doing it now


How can you pay off a credit card bill without the bill? Even online, how can you do that without the bill being made? 


Easy go online and pay we all do it all the time you wait until it post and PAY


So I was right when I said you can't pay until the bill is posted.


No not really you can push payments thur online banking before it post 

+ Chase ink =




Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.