Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxing out?

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Maxing out?

Thanks for the chart, can someone tell me what the different profiles represent?

Message 11 of 15
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I recognize the chart. The chart is from plugging in numbers and profiles to the FICO score estimator model (on this site) but was put together on another Board which Shall Not Be Named.*

*TOS restriction on this board.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 12 of 15
p-
Valued Contributor

cashnocredit wrote:  Board which Shall Not Be Named.*  *TOS restriction on this board.

Voldeboard?

If the poster were to go to the thread and look at what distantarray wrote, the neame of the chart author could be seen.  A bit of google-fu would lead you to the board where said author hangs out.

Message 13 of 15
HiLine
Blogger

@p- wrote:

kroberts67 wrote:  I'm wondering if there are thresholds that give greater score bumps when you hit those UTIL numbers.

My sweet spot for the most possible points seems to be only 1 card with a balance, utilization total of 2 to 3 percent, and it drops from there.  The chart posted here by @distantarray shows utilization tiers of different reports.  These are actual numbers sampled from real credit reports, and for all of them the sweet spot is somewhere under 10%.  

I have been looking for this chart since I first stumbled upon it last year. Thank you for bringing it back!!!

Message 14 of 15
p-
Valued Contributor

HiLine wrote:  I have been looking for this chart since I first stumbled upon it last year. Thank you for bringing it back!!!

Yeah, it took some digging.  Good info.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.