Senior Contributor
john398

Re: Maxing out?

Thanks for the chart, can someone tell me what the different profiles represent?

Established Contributor
cashnocredit

[ Edited ]

I recognize the chart. The chart is from plugging in numbers and profiles to the FICO score estimator model (on this site) but was put together on another Board which Shall Not Be Named.*

*TOS restriction on this board.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy15k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Valued Contributor
p-

cashnocredit wrote:  Board which Shall Not Be Named.*  *TOS restriction on this board.

Voldeboard?

If the poster were to go to the thread and look at what distantarray wrote, the neame of the chart author could be seen.  A bit of google-fu would lead you to the board where said author hangs out.

8-12-14: FICO EXP: 797 - EQU: 734 - TRAN: 739 - AVG: 757 - +207 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Blogger
HiLine

p- wrote:

kroberts67 wrote:  I'm wondering if there are thresholds that give greater score bumps when you hit those UTIL numbers.

My sweet spot for the most possible points seems to be only 1 card with a balance, utilization total of 2 to 3 percent, and it drops from there.  The chart posted here by distantarray shows utilization tiers of different reports.  These are actual numbers sampled from real credit reports, and for all of them the sweet spot is somewhere under 10%.  

I have been looking for this chart since I first stumbled upon it last year. Thank you for bringing it back!!!

Valued Contributor
p-

HiLine wrote:  I have been looking for this chart since I first stumbled upon it last year. Thank you for bringing it back!!!

Yeah, it took some digging.  Good info.

8-12-14: FICO EXP: 797 - EQU: 734 - TRAN: 739 - AVG: 757 - +207 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+