cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maxxing out a CC for the intro APR and it killing my ability to get a CL on another card.

tag
Simply827
Established Contributor

Re: Maxxing out a CC for the intro APR and it killing my ability to get a CL on another card.

@gpfirestone wrote:

Btw, I graduated law school in 2009 and since them have paid off over $80k in school loans, purchase my home (20k down), save up 30k, and do alot of traveling so I must be doing something right.  My business is successful and I understand my finances.  I'm not a risk to default on credit card debt and again we're getting off the simple question I asked which was whether there was a way to interact directly with Capital One to get what I want.

But on paper you are a risk and that is what lenders are concerned with. Multiple people here have told you what to do. It appears you're not willing to take the advice, so best of luck.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 31 of 38
gpfirestone
New Contributor

Re: Maxxing out a CC for the intro APR and it killing my ability to get a CL on another card.

I totally agree with everything you said here.  What I was asking though was if there was a way to speak to a C1 rep directly and have them view everything in its entirety rather than just the #'s on the credit report that show a high utilization which suggests that I am insolvent which I am not...

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 32 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@gpfirestone wrote:

I totally agree with everything you said here.  What I was asking though was if there was a way to speak to a C1 rep directly and have them view everything in its entirety rather than just the #'s on the credit report that show a high utilization which suggests that I am insolvent which I am not...

NO

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 33 of 38
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

BTW, you simply asked what you could do to get an increase with Cap1....there have been several posts now of people giving you answers and you seem to not like what you're hearing. You can't have all your cards reporting maxxed out and request for more credit. Either consider taking the advice given to you or just continue to do what you do.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 34 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@j_casteel wrote:

@gpfirestone wrote:

NO

Insolvent? No, a credit risk for default, yes.   Assuming you get the phone call you want be prepared for the same questions/comments posted here. Mainly, why can't you pay your bills down? Why are you maxing out your credit cards? Why are you maxing our credit card? What cash reserves do you have in the event your invoices go un paid?

In my short time on this forum the one thing I take away from those with the high CL is UTILIZATION. Since this is a point that you wish to overlook, your scores will remain 'good'  and your request for increases will be denied. 

Message 35 of 38
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@gpfirestone wrote:

Btw, I graduated law school in 2009 and since them have paid off over $80k in school loans, purchase my home (20k down), save up 30k, and do alot of traveling so I must be doing something right.  My business is successful and I understand my finances.  I'm not a risk to default on credit card debt and again we're getting off the simple question I asked which was whether there was a way to interact directly with Capital One to get what I want.

If you aren't liking the answers you've gotten then you have another option.  Call Cap 1 and ask for what you want.

Search various combinations of "cap 1 exec office" or "cap 1 backdoor number" and you'll find a few different phone numbers you could try. 

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 36 of 38
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Live by the float, die by the float. Smiley Happy

Calling to ask for a manual review will probably set off a huge red flag. I'm willing to believe your poop is together but wouldn't want to be on the hook for too much of it.

Perhaps a business line of credit might make more sense. You'd be losing reward points and probably some cash back but they're more suited to running a business than credit cards. Best analogy I can think of is the floor plans car dealerships use.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 38
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under Moderator review.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.