Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Credit AMA [Ask Me Anything] live with user @Baller4life

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

May Credit AMA [Ask Me Anything] live with user @Baller4life

Hello people,

For this month, we are going to have user @baller4life on and she will be taking questions about her credit decisions, why she join myFico, what she has learn, what she likes, what she doesn't like etc. Feel free to ask any questions especially thought provoking one's but be polite about it. The goal of the AMA is not to be judgemental but rather why we on the board arrive at certain decisions that some people think are insane.

The second goal is to use this as a learning process and also to help new people joining th board so that they don't make certain bad decisions. Since @Baller4life is our new CL, it gives us the opportunity for us all to get to know her better as she does an awesome job on hereSmiley Happy...

DONT'S: Please, no snarky comments. Lets respect the user and let's get startedSmiley Happy..

I will get us started.. @baller4life, can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: May Credit AMA [Ask Me Anything] live with user @Baller4life

Yay, baller!

Message 2 of 72
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to our esteemed guest Baller (crowd goes wild)Heart

For those that don't know (I do) Baller came to the forum like a hurricane soaking up knowledge and applying it.

She never ever gave up and when she hit a roadblock she went and got a chainsaw (seriously)Smiley Wink

I watched you get help with fixing CR's and from there follow a step by step plan to success

So can you chart your progress from RYC to CC where you're now a CC baller?

Ok I have to ask even tho I know the answer but for others to learn ....LolSmiley Tongue

In your transition from RYC to CC's did you get caught up in CC's and what would you tell others?

What top 5 steps would you give a newbie to succeed?

I am so proud of you and it was truly my pleasure to see you grow along the way and the most important thing I noticed along your journey is you have never stopped passing it forward

You have always extended your hand down to others to pull them up....Bravo

Now that you're around hell I can retire now ….you got this women

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 72
baller4life
Super Contributor

Thank you Yes It's Me for having me tonight as the AMA guest. It's an honor. Well, I am a 46 year old ex college ball player that resides in the Lone Star State. Although I have a degree in accounting, I have been an independent contractor for a delivery company for the past 13 years and I deliver vet supplies to veterinarians here in Houston. I do not have any children(human that is). I have a fur baby named Bentley that is my pride and joy. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

Thank you Yes It's Me for having me tonight as the AMA guest. It's an honor. Well, I am a 46 year old ex college ball player that resides in the Lone Star State. Although I have a degree in accounting, I have been an independent contractor for a delivery company and I deliver vet supplies to veterinarians here in Houston. I do not have any children(human that is). I have a fur baby named Bentley that is my pride and joy. Smiley Happy

We are very glad to have you on. So what made you join myFICO and how did you come across it?

Message 5 of 72
myjourney
Super Contributor

BTW 

For our esteemed host thank you for a job well done 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 72
ddemari
Super Contributor

hi baller! what advice do you have for people who have an itchy finger to apply for a lot of cards? Do you mind sharing how many cards you have? 

Message 7 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

BTW 

For our esteemed host thank you for a job well done 

Smiley Happy.. We all do an awesome job getting to know one another--

Message 8 of 72
baller4life
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Welcome to our esteemed guest Baller (crowd goes wild)Heart

For those that don't know (I do) Baller came to the forum like a hurricane soaking up knowledge and applying it.

She never ever gave up and when she hit a roadblock she went and got a chainsaw (seriously)Smiley Wink

I watched you get help with fixing CR's and from there follow a step by step plan to success

So can you chart your progress from RYC to CC where you're now a CC baller?

Ok I have to ask even tho I know the answer but for others to learn ....LolSmiley Tongue

In your transition from RYC to CC's did you get caught up in CC's and what would you tell others?

What top 5 steps would you give a newbie to succeed?

I am so proud of you and it was truly my pleasure to see you grow along the way and the most important thing I noticed along your journey is you have never stopped passing it forward

You have always extended your hand down to others to pull them up....Bravo

Now that you're around hell I can retire now ….you got this women

Awwww thank you so very much MJ. You have truly been an inspiration to me. Anytime I needed help I could always count on you. And for that I am greatly appreciative.

First of all, I most certainly got caught up in the CC madness when I first transitioned. So many cards to choose from. It was like being a kid in a candy store.

The top 5 steps I would give a newbie to succeed is:

1) Write down a plan of what type of cards you want in your portfolio. Cashback,travel etc.

2)DO NOT go Comenity SCT crazy. If you must apply, no more than 2 or 3.

3)Rebuilding is a two fold process. Build your credit card portfolio at the same time you work on baddies. 

4)Starting out do not go app crazy. Three or four cards tops! You don't want to do great damage to your AAOA while you are starting out.

5)READ and ABSORB all the knowledge you can on Myfico. There is a wealth of information here. 

Message 9 of 72
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Thank you Yes It's Me for having me tonight as the AMA guest. It's an honor. Well, I am a 46 year old ex college ball player that resides in the Lone Star State. Although I have a degree in accounting, I have been an independent contractor for a delivery company and I deliver vet supplies to veterinarians here in Houston. I do not have any children(human that is). I have a fur baby named Bentley that is my pride and joy. Smiley Happy

We are very glad to have you on. So what made you join myFICO and how did you come across it?

I can't exactly remember what it was I was searching for on Google. But, it was certainly credit related. And I found Myfico forums. I was tired of having bad credit and I wanted to do something about it once and for all. I started reading thread after thread after thread. And just started applying what I learning to my credit file and baddies just started dropping like flies. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.