longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: May I ask for more? AMEX 61 day CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

SL: 2k

after 60+ days requested online: $6K

maybe less than 30 days: auto CLI from AMEX to $20k

This is my first Amex card. So maybe they didn't "know" me... And after "knowing" me, decided to be nice. Lol

Interesting data point here of someone that received a > 3X CLI... going from $2k ---> $6k ---> $20k.  What I find even more fascinating is that the > 3X CLI from $6k to $20k wasn't initiated by you.  It almost seems like a mistake, but hey, bank error in your favor... don't ask, don't tell!

As the poster above asked, I'd be very curious to hear your spend/swipes on the card if you wouldn't mind sharing if you could break it down for cycle 1, cycle 2, cycle 3 which I believe is all the data you would have from the time you were approved up until the $20k limit was realized.

EDIT:  One more question too.  In the 90 days or so that you went from $2k to $20k, did anything significantly change with your credit profile?  Maybe something like your last major derog falling off, a huge utilization drop, etc. that could have resulted in a much cleaner file and likely a large score jump as well?

My daughter went from $1K to $8K (auto CLI) without her using the card at all.   

Message 31 of 35
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

@LTL,

What was the time frame for that auto CLI for your daughter?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 32 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MontegoMack wrote:

@LTL,

What was the time frame for that auto CLI for your daughter?

Less than two weeks.   

Message 33 of 35
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone actually ever reported receiving > 3X CLI from Amex?

it is very common, as i wrote earlier, i just got a cli for a friend of mine last and she went from $7400 or so, to $20K instantly. I could have shoot for exactly the 3 times and probably have gotten it but i did not want to push her luck Smiley Happy

$7400 to $20k is < 3X CLI, not > 3X CLI.

I'm well aware that many people obtain 3X CLIs on the regular... just wondering how many have reported receiving a CLI in excess of 3X.

Sorry,

did not see you were asking if anyone got a cli >3x. I have not seen anyone to receive such cli upon request. But i know some that got auto cli's above 3x. I think when you ask for it yourself, the max they will do is 3x.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the weird thing. In the few months I had the card, I spent around $1k total. When they auto increase my limit to $20k. During that period I spent $0. And nothing changed on my credit profile
Although I got Amex Plat around the same time.... And I put a lot in it. Don't know if it affects the BCP's CL

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.