Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May I say some thing ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: May I say some thing ?

pattycake wrote:
Brammy - doesn't your Target card offer the 10% after 1000 points purchase? They also give a percentage of your usage to a local school, and they give you more coupons if you use it to buy prescriptions. I shop at Target all the time, so that is the card I use there just for the points. Also, I discovered they only raise your CL if you use the card regularly (a CSR told me that I wasn't getting more CLIs because I didn't use my card enough, but go figure).

Actually they do offer thoe things but after a year of tracking it I don't find that its worth it.  I have had the card for almost 18 mos and just don't use it enough at their store to qualify.  For purchases outside of target those points are very hard to come by.  the contributions to my son's school combined (accrdingto their records) is little of nothing.

Basically that will get me 3.00 off my next purchase.  The fact that their interest rate isso high precludes me from carrying any type of balance on the card which I would have to do to make it worth it. (See siggy)

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-15-2007 10:13 AM
Message 11 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I am just happier with less cards (1 gas (I can't use it much at the moment, no local station any more), 1 store (clothes and cosmetics), I gas CC (to replace gas card and get cheaper gas), I airmiles CC (united, my carrier), 1 CU CC (low Apr if I ever need to carry a balance for a month) and 1 Amex (because I want to establish a relationship for the time when I have to buy my own tickets and pay for my hotels and car rentals).

I just don't spend enough money to get many rewards on a regular basis, so the rewards aspect is not really all that much use to me. I would rather not apply for any more, and just keep careful track of what I have
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me the Macy's and dillards discounts come in handy with the Diva child for school clothes.  Since my biz heavily relies on electronics and should either system go down, I don't have a month for the repair shop to get it back to me. Wally world just cause I live there and PIF before the statement falls.

Dillards and Macys do get moth eaten before their next usage tho.  Never happen with BB.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang

I understand your question (which is a good one). As other posters have stated, it depends on the type of rewards they are getting. My personal (store) fav is VS--there is no other love for me!!

I also have a question: Why do people continue to push the LUV button at AMEX if they don't need it? Isn't that like playing with fire? Just because there is a link to push why continue to push it? I would think it would cut back on the amount of F/R's.
Message 14 of 23
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy I push love from AMEX . because myfico say your cl too low , ask them more , lolz . now I am really stop . One thing I know if you got more cl . more you spent . so I don't want no more , I have total 4 now .
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

dangphuocloc72 wrote:
Smiley Happy I push love from AMEX . because myfico say your cl too low , ask them more , lolz . now I am really stop . One thing I know if you got more cl . more you spent . so I don't want no more , I have total 4 now .

Whether you spend more or not depends on you.  I have cards I only use for special things and then I rotate the other cards I have and PIF.

Message 16 of 23
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy you right BRammy . but for myself some time I can't control . Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang

It really depends on your situation, I guess. My largest TL is 40K and it has a $3 balance. I am a little to scary too even go over 2K. @ years ago it was up to 10K, and I was scared I would never pay that off. I had to charge that much for personal reasons tho. Those high limits can be dangerous, especially if I snapped and wanted to max out all my CC'sSmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by jaybee on 12-15-2007 08:43 AM
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love my Macy's card too, Brammy, and it too gets moth eaten after Christmas each year.  I charge my colognes to Macy's each year at Christmas!  Macy's for me started off as a J L Hudson's Card, then it went to a Marshall Field's Card and now it is strictly Macy's now.  I keep the card for longevity purposes too.  My card, with all the new owners lol, dates back to 1990.

SandyK
Message 19 of 23
rudy
Regular Contributor

Well let me add to this store card thing as simple put with these figures :
1. Home Depot bought riding lawn mower really good deal 1500 for 12 months same as cash no int
    Breaks down to 125 per mo. and a lot less back ache

2. Macy's, Calvin Klien, P coat for son  x-mas. Regulaly the coat cost 395.00. opened charge got 20%
    off, got antother 20% off for something else. got another 10 or 15 % off for something else. ( can not remeber what the sales lady was saying) But got the the coat for 144. and some change.
    Also found out the alway's give specials to card holders ( so this is a keeper)

I use hd alot, and macy's is plus for clothing. I don't have any other store cards. I use to have a Best Buy. It was also great for items the we purchased same as cash.

It really is a matter of presonnel prefrence. Those are the only store cards I have evere had. Ireally do not like them. Because you can only purchase from that store. But, if the deal is good and it is a store I like. I will consider opening a account. other than that know thank you. I prefer getting frequent flier milesSmiley Very Happy With less intrest
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.