Regular Contributor

Re: May I say some thing ?

[ Edited ]
I have 2 store cards:

Macy's: For all the same reasons as has already been mentioned. Also, this card is a Visa and is about to be upgraded to Platinum status which means I will soon be getting 3% rewards on all in store purchases, free shipping/alterations/gift wrapping. I think this is a very good deal.

Kay's: Just bought DW a ring for our anniversary and I have 12 months interest free financing. Card also gives no hassle returns, exchanges, etc. This also currently my highest CL so it improves my FICO.

Message Edited by ChaoticKinesis on 12-17-2007 02:50 AM
Regular Contributor

I just got a JCPenney Card. My Mother in Law just retired from JCPenney, and her discounts are incredible! It only made sense for us to get this card when we need back to school stuff, etc...
TU - 593 EQ - 584 EX - 572 as of 17 Jan 2015
Valued Member

Great question, one that I've been pondering myself since joining this forum. I actively began trying to improve my credit in August of this year. Prior to that I was clueless & stopped using/closed/defaulted on  my credit cards all together a few years ago. August I recieved an HSBC for 300 & a Cap 1 for 300, Cap 1 auto-cli'd to 500 in 3 months. Just with those 2 sub-prime cards I'm now almost back in the 700's.

I don't plan on taking on another CC until August of 08' as I have my eyes on a Performance Bicycle Rewards MasterCard from Juniper. I'm an avid cyclist so it fits right into my needs. I guess what I'm trying to say is that 2 crappy sub-prime cards used wisely can boost your credit scores just as effectively as larger CL's used effectively. It's all in how you use the cards you have.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.