Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Me And Equifax DON'T Get Along

tag
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

Me And Equifax DON'T Get Along

This is a venting email so please take with a grain of salt...

I had a collection deleted from both TU and EX more than 45 days ago bring both those scores up to just about 720s. What happened with my EQ score??? NOTHING!!! I had to fax them the letter and do an online dispute before they just removed it this morning. What was the result??? And increase of 9 points. A jumpt from a whopping 624 to 633.

EQ posts all of my payoffs and 0 balances at least 2 weeks later than the other two bureaus and dinks my score down far more for utilzation increases than they do 0 balance payoffs.

Another for instance, I got a new CITI card which I took advantage of the BT. Got hit down 44 points for a maxed card condition. When I paid the card off I got only an increase of just a bit more than 18 points. In these two events I contend that if my CO delete were processed correctly that my score would have never dropped to a 624 score in the first place.

BTW 60% of my inquiries this year have gone to EX because I've gotten new lines from both Citi and AMEX (again who have both pulled from EX). I have only 1 inq in the last 6 months on my EQ from a Chase CSP denial that I felt that I should have surely qualified for this summer. At the time I had this one CO (which was in error) and a utilization of 8%. You know what 8% util, not inqs and one $600 bogus CO gets me thwith EQ? a 669. "They don't like me" is an understatement...

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Me And Equifax DON'T Get Along

I feel ya,

Was the score from the Equifax monthly plan? I wouldn't get to tweaked about it. I've been fussing at Cap1 for about 1.5 weeks because I have paid the CO that I had and yet the balance hasn't reflected. I keep getting the "it can take 45-60 days to update" BS answer. Why do I call it BS? Because I have had things updated/removed overnight.

All in all, you know your credit history and current status. It'll get updated but it will take some time.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 13
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

I feel ya,

Was the score from the Equifax monthly plan? I wouldn't get to tweaked about it. I've been fussing at Cap1 for about 1.5 weeks because I have paid the CO that I had and yet the balance hasn't reflected. I keep getting the "it can take 45-60 days to update" BS answer. Why do I call it BS? Because I have had things updated/removed overnight.

All in all, you know your credit history and current status. It'll get updated but it will take some time.

I'm yapping b/c the CO just got deleted this morning with a tiddly litle 9 point increasing effect. The oether two bureas calculate scores at about 718. EQ BLOWS and I need them as I'm trying to do some line expanding with Chase and potentially USBank, who I don't know where they will pull from.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 3 of 13
adavis425
Established Contributor

@madmann26 wrote:

I feel ya,

This is one of the reasons why there should be federal oversight! In this age, there is no reason why an update in favor of the consumer should take 45-60 days (Even 30 days is a long time, but I think I could live with that) while a derog hits with light speed. Smiley Mad

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 4 of 13
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

This is one of the reasons why there should be federal oversight! In this age, there is no reason why an update in favor of the consumer should take 45-60 days (Even 30 days is a long time, but I think I could live with that) while a derog hits with light speed. Smiley Mad

I saw the new regs talked about on another thread. Writing my letter to Elizabeth Warren next week if my new Chase PIF doesn't dramatically affect my score...

On those guys, I'd PIFed my Chase account 2 days before the end data on 9/21. Had a full 0 balance for 2 days. When my statement closed I had a balance for 36.29 and I'm sure that they didn't report the 0 balance. All these little gotchas drive me crazy!!!!! Hoping that they report the 0 balance and charge my interest in the next cycle. But... I know that won't happen.

Message 5 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Exactly! Thank god for (future) Senator Warren taking the side of consumers to create the CFPB.
Thinks like this substantially impact the flow/cost of credit to all consumers.
:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Things*
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 13
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@CreditEd wrote:

I saw the new regs talked about on another thread. Writing my letter to Elizabeth Warren next week if my new Chase PIF doesn't dramatically affect my score...

On those guys, I'd PIFed my Chase account 2 days before the end data on 9/21. Had a full 0 balance for 2 days. When my statement closed I had a balance for 36.29 and I'm sure that they didn't report the 0 balance. All these little gotchas drive me crazy!!!!! Hoping that they report the 0 balance and charge my interest in the next cycle. But... I know that won't happen.

You're barking up the wrong tree.  They're looking at whether your credit information is reporting accurately, not at whether you think you should have gotten more points for something. 

Re what will report, if your bill says $36.29, that is what is going to report.  Chase always reports statement balance.

Per above, when you said you lost 44 points for opening a new account and doing a BT that essentially maxed out the card, then only gained 18 points when you paid the account down, that's to be expected.  The 44 point loss was likely due to more than just the BT, the new account, the inquiry, and the lowering of your AAoA were also factors.  Once you paid the balance down, you still had a new account ding, a new inquiry, and a lower AAoA.  Your score will rebound with more time.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

+1

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 9 of 13
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

@CreditEd wrote:

You're barking up the wrong tree.  They're looking at whether your credit information is reporting accurately, not at whether you think you should have gotten more points for something. 

Re what will report, if your bill says $36.29, that is what is going to report.  Chase always reports statement balance.

Per above, when you said you lost 44 points for opening a new account and doing a BT that essentially maxed out the card, then only gained 18 points when you paid the account down, that's to be expected.  The 44 point loss was likely due to more than just the BT, the new account, the inquiry, and the lowering of your AAoA were also factors.  Once you paid the balance down, you still had a new account ding, a new inquiry, and a lower AAoA.  Your score will rebound with more time.

Understand this. To be clear my gripe is that my TU and EX scores are still SIGNIFICANTLY higher than my EQ score. Several of my accounts post 5-10 days later on EQ than they do the other two bureaus as well. 

Again looking for standardization and at least a variance that is prediticable. Not pity. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.