cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medical Bills, Again! Need a high CL card now.

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Medical Bills, Again! Need a high CL card now.

and considering the current issues you are having with medical issues, don't go cheap on the policy and get a good one... PPO Platinum or something similar.

You should get $100-$200 in Goverment premium assistance to help offset the monthly premium.

Message 11 of 18
RnJ
Contributor

Working out a payment plan with the hospital would probably be your best choice, rather than rack up debt/interest on credit cards and ending up with future collections and ruining your credit for another several years.

Also, remember the FAST acronym (http://www.stroke.org/site/DocServer/FAST_walletCard_2011.pdf?docID=8342) for help in determining if you're actually having a stroke - of course, there are other various symptoms which you should research and keep in the back of your mind.  I would agree with koala above, while it's possible it was an anxiety attack, I would ask your doctor for a stress-test (another method to evaluate heart function) or a second opinion.

Message 12 of 18
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

I don't have any advice for your credit cards, but I hope you get better!
Message 13 of 18
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

So I just bought my car and after being screwed over by the first dealership I tried, I'm stuck with 30 inquiries. I just made my first payment 2 weeks ago and 70% of my credit cards are over 60% UTI.

Primarily because of the last time I landed at the ER, Which was 2 times in 1 day and the first time I had to call an ambulance, So it added up to around $7,000 in bills which I loaded into my cards and have been trying to pay them off... However I was at the ER yesterday once again and with no insurance, Due to stroke symptoms appearing for the past week but it got worse the night before yesterday, While at work I felt nauseated, weak on my left side, Sharp pain a bit above my left elbow, severe headache left side of my face was going numb/drooping and I couldn't breathe properly as well as terible chest pain.

I ignored it, It lasted 30 minutes and when it went away, I was REALLY tired... Even though I had only been awake for 2 hours from 8 hours of sleep... I got lucky we were in a shutdown and I slept for 4 hours and felt much better. when I got home, The symptoms kept coming back, Left arm weakness/tingling and the left side of my face kept drooping. I got scared and asked my sister to take me to the ER...

Had an EKG done, Blood work and a cat scan. Everything came back normal, He says I have severe anxiety and gave me lorazepam, 2MG and I was relaxed as hell. So he prescribed me enough for 5 days... 

Anyways, I was barely able to cover last times medical expenses and this time I can easily guess it'll be around $5,000 in bills so I need a card that will get me that >_<.

Advice?  My score has dropped due to the inquiries and the high debt... and I can handle some more debt, But It would mean the end of the world to me if I couldn't pay my medical bills and had to go bankrupt. My credit has been an addiction for me for 3 years, I've been working hard, But stuff like this keeps holding me back. I really need 1 last card in order to avoid bankruptycy =/

stop paying them with credit cards... all the hospitals can make in house payment arrangements for you spread out over a pretty decent timeframe and interest free!

This.  I have never paid a medical bill with a credit card and I've paid ALOT.  Every medical provider I've ever been to accepted a payment plan with reasonable monthly payments and I was able to keep them all out of collections with ease.  Some even took me 2 years to pay off.  Creditaddict gives good advice here.  I'd call the medical provider and ask about a payment plan for sure.....

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 14 of 18
n0smirc
Regular Contributor

I'm going to echo the payment plan advice. When faced with large bills (from their standpoint) my providers asked me up front if I needed a payment plan. They want to help your health and help you pay the bill. All you have to do is ask. My bills were from having a baby, Coincidentally, we had more than enough liquid funds to pay for everything so we declined payment plans.

Also, I really hope you get your issues resolved, get better and get a plan from the marketplace. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

RushXTC at least your ok, does your job offer you health insurance?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 16 of 18
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

+1 on going with hospital payment plan.

And this is why no one should go without insurance. You never know what can happen. Would make mine cheaper too! A lot of states have health insurance assistant programs where the premiums are subsidized.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 17 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Echo the sentiment if a payment plan. A close family friend was diagnosed with colon cancer.  After surgeries, radiation, hospitalization etc her costs after insurance was 6 figures. 

Cedars Sinai accepted a payment arrangement of $75 a month. 

Hope  you get better. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.