Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Bonus Spend

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Meeting Bonus Spend

So I'm in the middle of trying to meet three bonuses between hubby and I. I'm only really concerned with meeting two. I was thinking of paying ahead on our insurance and transferring the balance to one of my zero percent cards . Would that still count for the bonus? I'm not carrying any balances right now and I've got three cards that are still under the 0% balance transfer promo.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Meeting Bonus Spend

@Anonymous wrote:
So I'm in the middle of trying to meet three bonuses between hubby and I. I'm only really concerned with meeting two. I was thinking of paying ahead on our insurance and transferring the balance to one of my zero percent cards . Would that still count for the bonus? I'm not carrying any balances right now and I've got three cards that are still under the 0% balance transfer promo.

Of course.

This is what I did. I prepaid our auto/home insurance premiums for the year and then BT'd the balance to my Ring which has a 1% BT rebate for the first 60 days. If it takes me 3 months to pay in full with equal payments i'm pretty close to even steven.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though I PC'd to the Travel Rewards I still got the bonus. Almost done with my Marriott spend. And currently we have to spend 1,000 to get the 35,000 bonus miles for the Hawaiian Airlines card.

I'm definitely more concerned about meeting the bonus spend for the Hawaiian airlines so I might have hubby pay our insurance and then have him transfer it to his BBR card.

My freedom and Discover are still under zero percent promo but I'm such a freak about leaving a balance on my chase cards. Unfortunately my other half doesn't believe in putting everything on a credit card so I might have to skip my TR card bonus Smiley Sad. And I worked hard to have them grant that to me.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ps. Nixon your back! You were missed!
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Even though I PC'd to the Travel Rewards I still got the bonus. Almost done with my Marriott spend. And currently we have to spend 1,000 to get the 35,000 bonus miles for the Hawaiian Airlines card.

I'm definitely more concerned about meeting the bonus spend for the Hawaiian airlines so I might have hubby pay our insurance and then have him transfer it to his BBR card.

My freedom and Discover are still under zero percent promo but I'm such a freak about leaving a balance on my chase cards. Unfortunately my other half doesn't believe in putting everything on a credit card so I might have to skip my TR card bonus Smiley Sad. And I worked hard to have them grant that to me.

TR Card bonus is probably worth the least of all 3, So yeah, Definitely weigh your priorities. If you can swing it though try to get it down.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice! He hasn't got his airline card yet but we've been scaling back trying to save money and I'm running out of options. I'm not gonna put myself in debt over BOA though.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went to Costco and spent 50 bucks on two items. Gotta love "warehouse" shopping. Cant wait to use my Visa next year! So much bonus money wasted.
Message 7 of 12
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that with BoA? I have the Cash Rewards that I don't much anymore and want to PC to Travel Rewards. They offer me 15,000 (instead of the normal 10,000) but I didn't know that they can give you the bonus on a PC card. Can you share what you did to get it? Thanks

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just asked. Woman on the phone went into a spiel how they don't normally do that but she put me on hold and then come back and said she could do it. Wouldn't have bothered to ask if I knew hubby was apping for the Barclays card.
Message 9 of 12
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This, of course, is best met by using the actual card for an actual visit to Hawaii.

First use of card? Check.

Bonus spend met? Check.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.