Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meh Discover

tag
YahComb
Established Contributor

Meh Discover

back in march when i got my D. More , they didn't want to give me more than 1k, since that was about my average between 4 lines ranging 600 to 1.4K. Today with an average of 3K-cause they're pulling it down the most- they won't even bump me to 2.5K without a hardpull Smiley Indifferent so since im lying low for the rest of the year i guess im stuck at 1K. Guess its not a huge deal since theres no single item i need that going to cost over 1K, and if there was it would likely max out the quarterly bonus anyways.

these conservative lenders....

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Meh Discover

Grin, you went from thin file to CSP in a year and have only had the More for 7 months.  Discover will issue More's and presumably IT's now to folks in a building / rebuilding stage while still subprime, but to my knowledge they aren't the most generous of lenders when it comes to CLI's.  I guess for comparison Amex is conservative with issuing cards (at least historically across their credit products) and generous with CLI's, and Discover is generous with issuing cards, and conservative with CLI's.  All a matter of perspective and what one's needs are I guess.  When it comes to product equivalence, More = the former Zync from an underwriting perspective, it's the entry card with both lenders with the exception of that deep subprime product Discover has (Matrix I think it is?).

Anyway not every lender's card will grow at the same rate, and you've advanced more quickly than the vast majority of people on this forum, and in humanity in general.  Don't sweat Discover's CLI policies, ain't no big deal and noy real significant when it comes to putting lipstick on the pig anyway.  I'd tend to describe your aggregate CL as more than adequate anyway.  I'm just guessing from your lineup but I suspect an Amex revolver is your primary CLI chaser in the future anyway.

        
Message 2 of 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The matrix card isnt issued by discover, it is issued by Continental Finance. It simply runs on the discover network.
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:
The matrix card isnt issued by discover, it is issued by Continental Finance. It simply runs on the discover network.

Ah thanks for the clarification.  I thought Discover was co-branding that though?  Vis a vis BOFA w/FIA 

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.