Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meh

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Meh

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure BofA reports/updates one day after statement closing?  I have a BofA Signature card, statement closing is 5/3/11 so hoping it updates by 5/4.  I opened it October 2010 with CL of 8K.  I used the no interest intro promo and paid off balance a couple weeks ago (had about $7800 on it).  Looking to apply for new card (Discover or BofA Visa Business) but want to ensure my buerau's update before a report is pulled.  BofA card is about 1/2 of my total credit limit.   

They report that night/ early the next am.

The trick is figuring out when the bureaus will actually post the new info.

Experian should update immediately.

Equifax and TransUnion take anywhere from 3-7 days, sometimes longer, after they receive the info. Why, I don't know. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 26
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Equifax and TransUnion take anywhere from 3-7 days, sometimes longer, after they receive the info. Why, I don't know. Smiley Tongue

I must be lucky...for the most part, it's EX immediately, EQ the next day and TU the day after that.  It's generally pretty consistent with the exception of my car payment! 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 22 of 26
csd456
Established Member

Well, I ran my TU FICO today and my EXP PLUS report (I know, this score means little) to see if Chase and BofA had updated and they had not: both CC's still show as nearly max'd at both agencies, when they have zero balance.  Both cards closing was yesterday and today I finally have the statement showing zero bal.  Based on other posts then, within the next 3-5 days all 3 agencies should update?  I spoke with customer service at EXP today and he said "15 days" to update from time the creditor reports.  That's not the immediate update others have posted.

I really don't want to wait another 15 days, but as of today my TU FICO is only 690, but with 96% credit util.  No baddies, 1 new CC account (BofA: oct 2010), long credit history (22 yrs), 2 inq's, and 4 total revolving accounts, (all with over 4 years history, except BofA).  I'm hoping for at least a 30 point jump when these update and will feel more confident about applying for new credit.

Message 23 of 26
csd456
Established Member

I should also add that EXP report shows 9 inq's, 5 of which were from 4/7/2009 and will drop off this month (stupid car loan...dealership did hard inquiries with every bank in town...major lesson learned), and 2 new acct's (the BofA and a mortgage which was a re-fi).  Since BofA, Chase and most CC's seem to pull EXP, this is the one that's going to matter most.

Message 24 of 26
HiLine
Blogger

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I must be lucky...for the most part, it's EX immediately, EQ the next day and TU the day after that.  It's generally pretty consistent with the exception of my car payment! 

That has been consistent with my experience as well. 

Message 25 of 26
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Interesting... I thought boa was stingy as heck! I know they denied me altogether with a 670+ fico back in January! Oh well, many other creditors love me! Hahah

Congrats to everyone having luck with BOA!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.