Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meh

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Meh

Mr. Shush, if nothing else, I would like to thank you for your thread title. Smiley Very Happy

Best wishes for this current boring stage of your credit life. It does get better. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 26
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Mr. Shush, if nothing else, I would like to thank you for your thread title. Smiley Very Happy

Best wishes for this current boring stage of your credit life. It does get better. Smiley Wink

LOL No worries Smiley Wink

I really shouldn't be dissapointed or more OCD about this. 2 of 3 scores are over 760. What I should be focusing on is paying this crap off.

Bank of America called yesterday, but I didn't answer and still no movement on my line.

Citi, I should just close. It does nothing for me and I stopped using the card. I got back in with AMEX and have a Green and a Blue so really, no need for a cobranded card.

Message 12 of 26
BP2003
Regular Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

LOL No worries Smiley Wink

I really shouldn't be dissapointed or more OCD about this. 2 of 3 scores are over 760. What I should be focusing on is paying this crap off.

Bank of America called yesterday, but I didn't answer and still no movement on my line.

Citi, I should just close. It does nothing for me and I stopped using the card. I got back in with AMEX and have a Green and a Blue so really, no need for a cobranded card.

About 2 months ago, I requested a CLI through BoA on my WorldPoints card.  I was at 1000 CL, requested $1000 more online, got the message to call.  I debated for about an hour, called and the guy asked me why as well...then gave me a CL of $2500.  The rep said the decision was based on a combination of a soft pull and the 3 year account history (first CLI after the 99/500 graduation)

Then 2 days later later I app'd for the BoA Accelerated Rewards, got the message to call...the rep reasked income questions and approved for $5000. (Pulled EXP)

Then the next week I app'd for a Merrill Lynch Cash Back card, which I had to call the number to Merrill Lynch.  After answering questions to the Merrill Lynch rep, they transfered me to BoA (I was immediately terrified when I heard that hold music).  I told them I was looking to consolidate some CC debt, and they immediate approved me for $10K...my largest CL.(Used recent pull from EXP as stated by the rep)

BoA is an odd animal.  But they've been kind to me recently <crosses fingers>.

***From ashy to classy***
Message 13 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

BofA seems to be chatty these days! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats, nice work.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 26
MrShush
Valued Contributor

WOO to the HOO!!! BoA called again today. I answered a few questions and said I wanted to BT and blammo! $9500 cli to 10k with no hard! My 13k Sovereign card still in tact.
Message 15 of 26
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Bank of America has already reported the new 10K to TU mid cycle. My statement ends on the 8th and it usually reports within 1 day of that.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had this card for?
Message 17 of 26
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How long have you had this card for?

Summer 2008.
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure BofA reports/updates one day after statement closing?  I have a BofA Signature card, statement closing is 5/3/11 so hoping it updates by 5/4.  I opened it October 2010 with CL of 8K.  I used the no interest intro promo and paid off balance a couple weeks ago (had about $7800 on it).  Looking to apply for new card (Discover or BofA Visa Business) but want to ensure my buerau's update before a report is pulled.  BofA card is about 1/2 of my total credit limit.   

Message 19 of 26
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I cannot guarantee yours will report as quickly, but in my experience, BOA reports within a day or two of the statement close. My Sovereign card also reports fairly expeditiously. I look at true credit for the reporting dates, so that may help you as well in determining when yours are reported.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.