Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Meh

Mr. Shush, if nothing else, I would like to thank you for your thread title. :smileyvery-happy:

Best wishes for this current boring stage of your credit life. It does get better. :smileywink:

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
MrShush

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Mr. Shush, if nothing else, I would like to thank you for your thread title. :smileyvery-happy:

Best wishes for this current boring stage of your credit life. It does get better. :smileywink:

LOL No worries :smileywink:

I really shouldn't be dissapointed or more OCD about this. 2 of 3 scores are over 760. What I should be focusing on is paying this crap off.

Bank of America called yesterday, but I didn't answer and still no movement on my line.

Citi, I should just close. It does nothing for me and I stopped using the card. I got back in with AMEX and have a Green and a Blue so really, no need for a cobranded card.

Regular Contributor
BP2003

[ Edited ]

MrShush wrote:

haulingthescoreup wrote:

LOL No worries :smileywink:

I really shouldn't be dissapointed or more OCD about this. 2 of 3 scores are over 760. What I should be focusing on is paying this crap off.

Bank of America called yesterday, but I didn't answer and still no movement on my line.

Citi, I should just close. It does nothing for me and I stopped using the card. I got back in with AMEX and have a Green and a Blue so really, no need for a cobranded card.

About 2 months ago, I requested a CLI through BoA on my WorldPoints card.  I was at 1000 CL, requested $1000 more online, got the message to call.  I debated for about an hour, called and the guy asked me why as well...then gave me a CL of $2500.  The rep said the decision was based on a combination of a soft pull and the 3 year account history (first CLI after the 99/500 graduation)

Then 2 days later later I app'd for the BoA Accelerated Rewards, got the message to call...the rep reasked income questions and approved for $5000. (Pulled EXP)

Then the next week I app'd for a Merrill Lynch Cash Back card, which I had to call the number to Merrill Lynch.  After answering questions to the Merrill Lynch rep, they transfered me to BoA (I was immediately terrified when I heard that hold music).  I told them I was looking to consolidate some CC debt, and they immediate approved me for $10K...my largest CL.(Used recent pull from EXP as stated by the rep)

BoA is an odd animal.  But they've been kind to me recently <crosses fingers>.

***From ashy to classy***
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

BofA seems to be chatty these days! :smileyvery-happy:

Congrats, nice work.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
MrShush

WOO to the HOO!!! BoA called again today. I answered a few questions and said I wanted to BT and blammo! $9500 cli to 10k with no hard! My 13k Sovereign card still in tact.
Valued Contributor
MrShush

[ Edited ]

Bank of America has already reported the new 10K to TU mid cycle. My statement ends on the 8th and it usually reports within 1 day of that.

Regular Contributor
ty101

How long have you had this card for?
Valued Contributor
MrShush

ty101 wrote:
How long have you had this card for?

Summer 2008.
New Visitor
csd455

Are you sure BofA reports/updates one day after statement closing?  I have a BofA Signature card, statement closing is 5/3/11 so hoping it updates by 5/4.  I opened it October 2010 with CL of 8K.  I used the no interest intro promo and paid off balance a couple weeks ago (had about $7800 on it).  Looking to apply for new card (Discover or BofA Visa Business) but want to ensure my buerau's update before a report is pulled.  BofA card is about 1/2 of my total credit limit.   

Valued Contributor
MrShush

I cannot guarantee yours will report as quickly, but in my experience, BOA reports within a day or two of the statement close. My Sovereign card also reports fairly expeditiously. I look at true credit for the reporting dates, so that may help you as well in determining when yours are reported.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}